The dictionary defines lead generation as “the action or process of identifying and cultivating potential customers for a business’s products or services.” Leads (and ultimately, sales) are what every business works so hard for.
Therefore, it makes sense that every marketing effort should yield leads in the end that can be funnelled into the sales process in order for the deal to be closed. It makes sense that paid marketing tools such as adverts or promotions will generate leads for your business. After all, that’s what you are paying for! But what about cost-effective marketing methods such as content marketing?
How content marketing generates leads
Content marketing helps you to attract, engage with, and delight your clients and prospective clients through quality content. But will content marketing generate leads for your business? The short answer is yes. The longer answer is the how and why of content marketing:
- Content marketing generates leads through increasing traffic to your website where people can learn more about your company and find more reasons why they want to do business with you. There’s a good reason why 90% of businesses use this type of marketing to generate leads for their business!
- Consistently marketing content drives your conversion rate up. Studies show that content marketing increases conversion rates by as much as five times.
- Content marketing builds brand reputation and awareness, which increases lead generation and sales because people want to buy from reputable brands. Think about it this way: you only want to buy from an expert in their field as this guarantees that you are going to be getting the best possible product. Showing brand leadership in a 10-word ad is next to impossible, however in a 700-word article, this is much easier to do.
- It allows you to engage with and educate your audience, which will make them want to buy from an expert in the industry. You are able to use various mediums – such as blogging, podcasting and vlogging – to be able to reach your audience in a way that resonates with them.
- Content marketing builds trust, therefore, increasing lead generation. As we said earlier, marketing using content allows you to develop your expertise in a particular subject. Because people see that you know what you’re talking about, they will trust you.
- Trust leads to steady and healthy client relationships and healthy client relationships drive sales up.
- Content marketing helps to move potential clients through the buyer’s journey much faster, which equals more leads in a shorter time. You can’t ever assume that customers will know the action that you want them to take. Content marketing allows you the opportunity to tell them want you want them to do as opposed to assuming that they they’ll guess what they are supposed to do.
By doing your research, choosing the type of content you share, and selecting the right distribution channel, you can experience the full advantages and benefits of content marketing on your lead generation. How do you use content marketing for lead generation? Let us know!
Marketers can see the benefit of content marketing – that’s why so many are turning towards this type of promotion. If you are passionate about creating content for online platforms, love brainstorming ideas and selling your ideas to the public you need to become a digital copywriter and content marketer with the Digital School of Marketing’s Digital Copywriting and Content Marketing Course! For more information about this and our other online digital marketing courses, visit our website.
You might also like
- Will Content Marketing Generate Leads for your Business?
- Why You Should Use a Content Calendar For Your Digital Marketing
- Why you should search for trending hashtags before posting content
- Why You Should Master Digital Copywriting To Enhance Your Content
- Why you should leave comments on blogs
- Why You Should Search For Trending Hashtags Before Publishing