Advanced Digital Marketing Course
The Advanced Digital Marketing Course will give you everything you need to succeed in the corporate world of marketing and advertising. On completion of this course, you will be able to develop and execute a solid digital marketing strategy.
This Digital Marketing Course offers you a wide spectrum of relevant modules that are accredited and hyper-relevant within the context of online marketing.
Who is this course suited for?
- Working professionals wanting to upskill themselves in digital marketing
- Individuals wanting to enter the corporate job sector of marketing and advertising
- Existing Marketing and Advertising professionals looking for an edge in the working environment
4 – 6 months
***July Special – Receive a Free Brand Management Course when purchasing the Advanced Digital Marketing course this July!
What you will learn on this course:
- Search Engine Optimisation – Advanced knowledge on SEO techniques and how to analyse your web analytics.
- Paid (PPC) – Best practice on how to design search and display paid advertising on Google’s advertising platform.
- Social Media Marketing – How to design relevant social media campaigns to capture your target market on a variety of social media channels.
- Email Marketing – How to design and segment an e-mail campaign which will capture leads.
- Mobile Marketing – How to use your target market user behaviour to create mobile marketing advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Digital Marketing Strategy – how to build a holistic campaign bringing in all elements of digital marketing to work with your business objectives and strategy.
- Digital Copy Writing – How to design advertising and marketing copy to suit your target markets and capture attention.
- Content Marketing – How to design different pieces of content marketing copy that suit your specific target audience.
- Marketing Strategy – How to use each digital channel strategically within a business context.
- Project management – How to manage and run large teams of projects to generate good results.
- Marketing Management – Marketing management communication concepts that are fundamental to any marketing campaign.
- Brand Management Principles – Learn the principles of successfully managing a brand.
- Public Relations – Fundamentals of Digital Public Relationship Principles.
*Please see the modular breakdown for a comprehensive look at the modules on this advanced digital marketing course.
Accreditations and Endorsements
- MICT (SETA)
- CPD services body of the United Kingdom
- 60 CPD points with SABPP
- Digital School of Marketing is a member of the IAB.
* The Digital School of Marketing is B-BBEE compliant.
So, if you are ready to propel your career in digital marketing and advertising this course is perfectly suited for you!
Module 1 – Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Marketing in the digital age
- Components of a marketing plan
- Core differences between advertising and marketing
- Understanding your digital target Market
- SEO introduction
- Introduction to display and search advertising
- Social media marketing outline
- Content marketing overview
- Email marketing overview
- Mobile marketing overview
- Web analytics outline
Module 2 – Digital Marketing Strategy
- Fundamentals of digital marketing strategy
- Digital research and analysis
- Creating value out of marketing ideas
- Marketing in a new venture
Module 3 – Content Marketing Strategy
- Introduction to content marketing
- Approaching your content marketing
- Online content marketing publication
- Analysis of content marketing data
Module 4 – Digital Copywriting
- Introduction to copywriting
- Digital copy influence
- Digital touchpoints
- Copywriting responsibilities
- Digital marketing channels
- Mobile Marketing
- Writing for social media
- Business writing
- Writing for landing pages
- Press releases
Module 5 – Defining your Audience
- Creating your online target persona
- Creating brand copy guidelines
- Your online audience
- Persuasive language
- Storytelling for brand extension
Module 6 – Writing Advertising Copy
(SAQA ID 244612 NQF Level 5, 15 Credits)
- Assess advertising copy media/channels and target market characteristics
- Write advertising copy
- Evaluate an advertising copy against given specifications
Module 7 – Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to social media
- Content creation across social media platforms
- Creating social media content that drives engagement
- Social media strategy planning
Module 8 – Managing a Social Media Community
- Creating a community strategy
- Social community management
- Community engagement guidelines
- Online reputation management
- Social media personalities
- Customer service on social media
- Crowdsourcing and market research
- Social media manager skills
Module 9 – Online Public Relations
- PR and the internet
- Online PR strategy
- The digital consumer
- Communication in the digital age
- Online tools for PR
- Writing for websites
- Design of a website
- Article syndication
- Online reputation monitoring
Module 10 – Marketing Communication Concepts
(SAQA ID 10064 NQF Level 5, 8 Credits)
- Identify and explain marketing communication concepts and ideas
- Implement low and high focus thinking
- Explain and apply lateral thinking processes
Module 11 – Brand Contact
- Introduction to brand contact
- Digital brand touchpoints
- Benefits of brand cohesiveness
Module 12 – Brand Positioning
- Brand positioning strategy
- Brand differentiation
- Product differentiation and positioning
- Brand positioning mantra
- Product positioning strategy
- Competitive brand positioning
- Brand category positioning
- Perceptual mapping
Module 13 – Supervise a technical project team
(SAQA ID 10147 NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Project management and supervision practices
- Project team during the project initiating phase
- Project planning
- Project execution
- Project monitoring and controlling phase
Module 14 – SEO and Analytics
- Introduction to SEO
- Fundamentals of SEO
- Identifying website problems
- Keyword research in SEO
- Optimising content for SEO
- Link building techniques
- Analytics fundamentals
- Tools of Google analytics
- Reporting and optimization in analytics
- Google analytics segmentation
Module 15 – Cookies and Tracking in Analytics
- Cookies and tracking execution
- Google’s tracking codes
- How cookies work on the web
- Setting up Google analytics
Module 16 – Email Marketing
- Email marketing strategy
- Email marketing execution
- Writing for email
- Analytics for email
Module 17 – Mobile Marketing
- Introduction to mobile marketing
- Communication channels in mobile marketing
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile UX
- Designing content for mobile
Module 18 – Paid Advertising
- Fundamentals of paid online advertising
- Planning a paid digital marketing strategy
- Google search advertising
- Social media advertising
- Google display advertising
- Measuring and optimizing paid media efforts
The CPD Certification Service
Member of the IAB SA
How you can study at DSM
The Digital Marketing Course is delivered on a cutting-edge online learning platform. It is designed to give you theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in digital marketing.
Digital school of marketing has adopted a personalised approach to your learning experience – this allows you to start when you are ready, study at your own pace whilst enjoying the benefit of our full-time student support.
This is how you will study marketing:
- Slides with digital marketing information pertaining to each module and subject
- Infographics designed specifically learning outcomes
- Videos designed specifically for the learning programme
- Downloadable eBooks of every lesson
- Earn while you learn certificates – after successful completion of each module you will be awarded a certificate
- Formative assessments, multiple choice questions and summative assessments
Course pack includes:
- Online Access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop bag
- Digital School of Marketing Travel Mug
- Digital School of Marketing cap
- Branded Digital School of Marketing Note Pad and Pen
- Deposit: R 3200
- R 2660,00 (5 months)
- 15% Discount
- Save R 2475
- Deposit : R 2900
- R 1360 (10 months)
- Deposit: R 3200
- R 3660,00 (5 months)
- 15% Discount
- Save R 3000
- Deposit : R 2900
- R 1425 (12 months)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Digital Marketing Course accredited?
Yes – the Online Digital Marketing Course is accredited through MICT SETA, Internationally endorsed by the CPD UK services body and endorsed by the SABPP. There are two modules which are accredited unit standards in this specific course totalling 23 unit standard credits.
The other modules are specific to the field of digital marketing and what knowledge you will need to succeed within this vocation.
How long will it take me to complete this course?
On average students take 12 weeks to complete this digital marketing course. However, if you need longer to complete your marketing studies – you will be able to.
What are the payment plans available?
There are many payment options available at the Digital School of Marketing. We offer discounts on full payments. Debit orders are available as well as structured payment plans with instalments. – Studying Digital Marketing has never been this easy!
Where is Digital School of Marketing Head Office?
Our head office is based in Randburg, Johannesburg. However, the marketing courses are available throughout South Africa and Internationally through online learning.
Is there student support?
There is student support available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, at the college with trained assessors and facilitators to assist you in your marketing studies.
Contact our trained digital marketing assessors to assist in your marketing learning journey.
When can I start the course?
This marketing course, which gives a thorough grounding in digital strategy, can be started at any time of the year. You may start studying the digital marketing the course whenever you are ready.
The Digital Marketing Certification is offered throughout the year. So you can start your digital marketing studies whenever the time is right for you!
Why choose Digital School of Marketing?
The Digital School of Marketing is fully accredited through the Media Information and Communication Technology (MICT) Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA). This means that the online digital marketing courses are specially designed for the digital industry. All industry benchmarks and standards have been met.
Additionally, You can start studying the Digital Marketing Certificate anytime during the year and the courses are available throughout South Africa.
How old do I have to be to start a course at DSM?
You have to be 17 years old to be eligible to start the Digital Marketing Course, which provides the best digital marketing course in South Africa.
Where can I work with the Digital Marketing Certification?
The marketing course is designed for you to step into any digital marketing position in a private or corporate institution. You will also be fully qualified to work for yourself in your own business after you’ve finished the course.
When does the debit order run?
The debit order runs for the Digital Marketing course on the last working day of every month.
If I choose the debit order option, will I be billed more than the monthly course instalments?
No. You will only be billed for the monthly course instalment.
Can I freeze my debit order?
No. Your debit order runs automatically after the first payment is charged.
Can My employers assist with payment for the course?
Yes! – Please contact us for a customised quote for the digital marketing certification for your employers.
Why are Digital Marketing skills needed in The workplace?
The shift of how consumers find products has changed significantly in the age of digital marketing.
The ability for organisations to thrive in new marketplaces depends on how well versed their staff are in their digital marketing skills.
It is therefore imperative that all organisations big and small upskill their staff in digital marketing to capitalize on this growing trend. – If you would like a quote for your company for the digital marketing course please get in touch and we will gladly prepare one for you.
Do I receive a study pack?
You will receive, with your marketing short course:
- Online access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop backpack
- Branded travel mug
- Branded notepad
- Branded cap