SALES MANAGEMENT COURSE
The sales team is the heart of an organisation. They must have the ability to correctly execute sales according to organisational structure and modern-day sales practices.
This fact means that the sales team needs to function like a well-oiled machine, being quick to follow up on prospects and convert these people into sales.
For them to do this adequately, the sales team needs to have a great leader in the form of a sales manager. The sales manager will need to inspire the team and motivate them to better the sales that they had previously achieved. Sales teams will also have to have the ability to think on their feet and have the know how to achieve the organisational goals of increasing the sales for the business.
The Digital School of Marketing’s (DSM’s) Sales Management Course will teach you how to understand sales goals and have a plan to achieve them. It will also give you the tools that you need to ensure that your sales team achieves the success of the organisational goals and objectives.
What you'll learn
- Sales forecasts, budgets and pricing strategies
- Sales planning and planning for sales training
- Decoding the role of technology in sales
- The role of leadership, management and compensation
- Customer service evaluation
- How sales and marketing function side by side
- Personal selling best practices
- Various selling processes
- Sales marketing strategy
- Using sales funnels in an organisational setting
- Marketing communication concepts
Course pack includes:
- Online Access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop bag
- Digital School of Marketing Travel Mug
- Digital School of Marketing cap
- Branded Digital School of Marketing Note Pad and Pen
How you will benefit
- You will learn to take your sales techniques to new heights
- You will learn how to effectively motivate the team
- You will be empowered to lead a technologically advanced sales division
- You will be empowered to understand how to marry marketing and sales together
- You will understand how to set and comply with sales quotas
- You will effectively be able to manage a sales team
*See the modular breakdown for an understanding of what you will learn on this Sales management course
Module 1 – The Role of Sales and Marketing
- Communications strategies with sales and marketing teams
- Sales management
- Aligning strategies of sales and marketing
- Sales in new digital environment
- Customer relationship management
- Adapting sales to the business environment
Module 2 – Marketing Communication Concepts
(SAQA ID 10064 NQF Level 5, 8 Credits)
- Marketing communications concepts
- Marketing communications channels
- Lateral thinking in marketing
- High and low thinking marketing strategies
Module 3 – Sales Funnels
- Understanding the businesses sales funnel
- Awareness in sales through sales funnelling
- Purchase phase in sales
- Retention in sales
- Advocacy in sales
- Multi-Channel marketing
Module 4 – Personal Selling
- Understanding personal selling
- Misconceptions about Personal Selling
- B2B vs B2C Selling
- Personal selling techniques
- Time management in sales
Module 5 – Selling Processes
- Selling processes of an organisation
- Prospecting a new client through sales
- Getting client buy in
- Customer relationships building
- Customer retention
- Negotiation tactics
Module 6 – Sales Forecasting, Budgeting, and Pricing Strategies
- Sales forecasting
- Sales forecasting techniques
- Pricing strategies in sales
- Sales Budgeting
- Sales quotas
Module 7 – Sales Planning and Requirements
- Sales team structure
- Centralisation and de-centralisation in sales
- Departmentalising sales teams
- Key account management
- Recruitment and selection in sales teams
Module 8 – Sales Training and Development
- Sales team training
- Sales training processes
- Coordinating sales team training
Module 9 – Role of Technology in Sales
- Introduction to information and technology
- Sales management and IT
- CRM systems in sales
- CRM’s and Customer support
- CRM implementation in organisations
Module 10 – Leadership in Sales
- Management and leadership
- Motivational strategies in sales teams
- Compensation Plan in sales management
Module 11 – Customer Service in Sales
- Sales team evaluation
- Sales volume analysis
- Marketing cost analysis
Accreditation and Endorsements
- MICT (SETA)
- Digital School of Marketing is a member of the IAB.
* Digital School of Marketing is BEE compliant
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Sales Management Certification accredited?
Yes the Course is accredited through MICT SETA. The course is an 8 credit course with additional modules specifically designed for sales management and marketing.
How long will it take me to complete this course?
On average students take 8 weeks to complete the course. However if you need longer to complete the course you will be able to.
What are the payment plans available?
There are different payment options available at the Digital School of Marketing. We offer discounts on full payments. Debit orders are available as well as structured payment plans with instalments.
Where is Digital School of Marketing Head Office?
Our head office is based in Randburg, Johannesburg. However our courses are available both locally and internationally through online learning.
Is there student support?
There is student support available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, at the college with trained assessors and facilitators. You can contact our friendly student advisory team via phone, email or on your online dashboard.
When can I start the course?
Courses can be started any time of the year. You may start the course whenever you are ready.
Why choose Digital School of Marketing?
The Digital School of Marketing is fully accredited through the Media Information and Communication Technology (MICT) Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA). This means that the courses are specially designed for the digital industry. All industry benchmarks and standards have been met.
How old do I have to be to start a course at DSM?
You have to be 17 years old to be eligible to start the Digital Marketing Course.
Where can I work with the Sales Management Certification?
The courses are designed for you to step into any sales management position in a private or corporate institution. You will also be fully qualified to work for yourself in your own business after you’ve finished a course with us. Alternatively, you’ll be able to consult or freelance in your area of specialisation.
When does the debit order run?
The debit order runs on the last working day of every month.
If I choose the debit order option, will I be billed more than the monthly course instalments?
No. You will only be billed for the monthly course instalment.
Can I freeze my debit order?
No. Your debit order runs automatically after the first payment is charged.
Do I receive a study pack?
You will receive:
- Online access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop backpack
- Branded travel mug
- Branded notepad
- Branded cap