DIGITAL PUBLIC RELATIONS COURSE
The Digital Era has drastically changed the way traditional PR has been done and the way PR work is measured.
Consumers and stakeholders are met on a variety of different media channels and demand attention wherever they are met. It is the PR’s job to fulfil this function for the organisation and additionally for target market that the organisation is representing.
***July Special – Receive a Free Brand Management Course when purchasing the Digital Public Relations course this July!
This Public Relations course will teach you how to meet the organisations and target market’s needs weaving in the fundamentals of traditional Public Relations into a digital world.
In this Public Relations Course you will learn the art and science of engaging with media on all different digital channels to enable you to spread your brand’s message through a strategic communications.
The course holds accreditation from both MICT SETA and is endorsed by the IAB which means that you are guaranteed that your Public Relations qualification will give you the upper hand in this competitive digital world.
Module 1 -Introduction to Digital Public Relations
- History of Public Relations
- Digital Communications
- PR Reputation Management
- Publicity at large
- External and Internal Public Relations
Module 2-Managing Relationships With Stakeholders
- Identification of stakeholders
- Customer communication
- Supplier relations
- Socio cultural PR
- Environmental PR
- Government Relations
Module 4 -Content Creation and Management in PR
- Writing for digital and traditional media
- Writing press releases and Feature writing
- Broadcast media PR
- Managing and writing for blogs
- Understand SEO for content
- Content writing for Social Media
Module 5 -Building Relationships With The Media
- Pitching to journalists
- Interpersonal skills in PR
- Etiquette of media relations
- Planning media campaigns
- Managing editors
Module 6 –Marketing Communication Concepts NQF 5 SAQA ID 10064
- Marketing communications strategy
- Lateral thinking
- Sales and Marketing
- Marketing Communications Mix
- High and low thinking strategies
Module 7 -Online Public Relations
- Digital communications strategy
- Online Communications tools
- Email Campaigns
- Understanding website design for your target audience
- Content Marketing and SEO
Module 8 -Public Relations and Social Media
- Online social media management
- Viral social media
- Strategic content marketing on social media
- Understanding different social media channels
- Influencer marketing
Module 9 -Crisis and Reputation Management
- Issue management
- Assessing and evaluating crisis’s
- Establishing a crisis management team
- Module 10 -Evaluating and Measuring Public Relations
- Understanding the fundamentals of measurement
- Designing KPI’s for the client
- Understanding website analytics
- Measuring online sentiment
- Creating a plan for maximum ROI
Module 11 -Creating a Public Relations Plan
- Developing a PR strategy Plan
- Setting out goals and objectives
- Defining an audience
Module 12 -Evaluate an event to ensure sustainable events NQF 5 SAQA ID 13483
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systems supporting the PR event
- Ensure quality and high standard performance of events
- Communication and measuring the event success
- Organising staffing for events
- Aligning events with stakeholders target market
How you can study at DSM
The course is delivered on our state-of-the-art online learning platform, which is jam-packed with videos and infographics to cater for all your learning needs. Features on our learning platform include:
- 200 videos
- 100 infographics
- Progress trackers
- Interactive feedback
Course pack includes:
- Online Access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop bag
- Digital School of Marketing Travel Mug
- Digital School of Marketing cap
- Branded Digital School of Marketing Note Pad and Pen
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Digital Public Relations course accredited?
Yes, the Course is accredited through MICT SETA. The course is an 8 credit course with additional modules specifically designed for Digital Public Relations and marketing.
How long will it take me to complete this course?
On average students take 10 weeks to complete the Digital Public Relations Course. However, if you need longer to complete the course you will be able to do so.
What are the payment plans available?
There are many different payment options available at the Digital School of Marketing. We offer discounts on full payments. Debit orders are available as well as structured payment plans with monthly instalments.
Where is Digital School of Marketing Head Office?
Our head office is based in Randburg, Johannesburg. However our courses are available both locally and internationally through online learning.
Is there student support?
There is dedicated student support available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, at the college with trained assessors and facilitators. You can contact our friendly student advisory team via phone, email or on your online dashboard.
When can I start the course?
The Public Relations course can be started at any time of the year you – may start the course whenever you are ready.
Why choose Digital School of Marketing?
The Digital School of Marketing is fully accredited through the Media Information and Communication Technology (MICT) Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA). This means that the courses are specially designed for the digital media industry. All industry benchmarks and standards have been met.
How old do I have to be to start a course at DSM?
You have to be 17 years old to be eligible to start the Digital Marketing Course.
Where can I work with the Public Relations Certification?
Digital Public Relations is a thriving industry. You will also be fully qualified to work for yourself in your own business after you’ve finished a course with DSM. Alternatively, you’ll be able to join any media communications or digital marketing agency.
When does the debit order run?
The debit order runs on the last working day of every month.
If I choose the debit order option, will I be billed more than the monthly course instalments?
No. You will only be billed for the monthly course instalment.
Can I freeze my debit order?
No. Your debit order runs automatically after the first payment is charged.
Do I receive a study pack?
You will receive:
- Online access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop backpack
- Branded travel mug
- Branded notepad
- Branded cap
Can I get my employers to pay for the course?
Yes, it is common for employers to pay for their employee’s courses. Contact us for a custom quote.