Sales and Digital Marketing Course
Research has shown that applying contemporary sales management techniques and digital marketing is a winning formula for any sales manager or sales team to have under their belt.
This means that as a business, you need to be translating your sales and marketing processes into the online space so that you can take advantage of this style in which customers are choosing to transact.
The Digital School of Marketing’s (DSM’s) Sales and Marketing Course will teach you how to take the leads which are generated from your digital marketing efforts and translate these into tangible sales for your business.
Receive a Free Marketing Management Course when purchasing a
Sales and digital Marketing Course!
How you will benefit in your career:
- The course will empower you how to successfully prospect, generate and nurture leads from digital platforms and turn them into paying customers with new and improved techniques.
- The Sales and Marketing Course will teach you how to acquire new leads and turn them into paying customers using new Sales and Marketing techniques designed for the digital era.
- Learn to successfully manage a sales team using technology and cutting edge digital marketing techniques.
What you’ll learn on DSM’s Sales and Digital Marketing Course:
- Prospect and nurture sales leads
- Implement a Sales and Digital Marketing strategy
- Build a sales funnel successfully
- Sales forecasts, budgets and pricing strategies
- Incorporate paid advertising in your business
- Sales planning and recruitment
- Incorporating technology in sales
- Leadership, management and compensation in sales
- Customer service evaluation in a sales environment
- Combining Sales and Digital Marketing in Business Today
*See the modular breakdown for an understanding of what you will learn on this Sales and Marketing course.
Accreditation and Endorsements
- MICT (SETA)
- 60 CPD points with SABPP
- Digital School of Marketing is a member of the IAB.
* Digital School of Marketing is BEE compliant
Module 1 – The Role of Sales and Marketing
- Fundamentals of sales management
- Essence of marketing and sales collaboration
- Aligning sales and marketing
- Sales in The New Century
- Managing customer relations
- Sales and the business environment
- Internal business factors
Module 2 – Sales Funnel
- Sales Funnelling overview
- Awareness in sales
- Consideration in sales
- Purchase phase in sales
- Retention in sales
- Advocacy in sales
- Multi-Channel marketing
Module 3 – Personal Selling
- Personal Selling overview
- Misconceptions about Personal Selling
- B2B vs B2C Selling
- Different variations of selling
- Activities of a sales consultant
- Non-Selling activities in sales
- Time management in sales
Module 4 – Selling Processes
- Selling process overview
- Prospecting a new client
- Obtaining commitment from the client
- Building customer relationships
- Customer retention
- Negotiation tactics in sales
Module 5 – Digital Marketing Strategy
- Fundamentals of digital marketing strategy
- Digital Research and analysis
- Creating Value out of marketing ideas
- Marketing in a New Venture
Module 6 – Marketing Communication Concepts
(SAQA ID 10064 NQF Level 5, 8 Credits
- Identify and explain marketing communication concepts and ideas
- Implement low and high focus thinking
- Explain and apply lateral thinking processes
- Marketing communication mix
Module 7 – Sales Forecasting, Budgeting, and Pricing Strategies
- Sales forecasting overview
- Sales forecasting process
- Sales forecasting techniques
- Pricing strategies
- Sales Budget
- Sales quotas
Module 8 – Paid Advertising
- Introduction to paid online advertising
- Planning a digital marketing strategy
- Search engine advertising
- Social media advertising
- Display advertising
- Measuring and optimising social media advertising
Module 9 – Sales Planning and Requirements
- Sales team structure overview
- Centralisation and de-centralisation
- Departmentalising sales teams
- Key account management
- Recruitment and selection in sales
Module 10 – Sales Training and Development
- Sales training fundamentals
- Sales training processes
- Coordinating sales training
Module 11 – Supervise a technical project team
(SAQA ID 10147 NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Project management and supervision practices
- Project team during the project initiating phase
- Project planning
- Project execution
- Project monitoring and controlling phase
Module 12 – Role of Technology in Sales
- Introduction to information and technology
- Sales management and IT
- CRM systems
- Customer support and CRM’s
- CRM implementation
Module 13 – Leadership in Sales
- Leadership and management
- Leadership and motivation
- Compensation as a form of motivation
- Compensation Plan in sales management
Module 14 – Customer Service in Sales
- Introduction to sales evaluation
- Sales volume analysis
- Marketing cost analysis
- Evaluating sales team performance
Member of the IAB SA
How you can study at DSM
The Sales and Marketing Course is delivered on a bespoke online learning platform. It is designed to give you theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in Sales and Marketing.
Digital school of marketing has adopted a personalised approach to your learning and training experience – this allows you to start when you are ready, study at your own pace whilst enjoying the benefit of our full-time student support.
This is how you will study Sales and Marketing:
- Slides with information pertaining to each module and subject
- Infographics designed specifically learning outcomes
- Customised Videos for the learning programme
- Downloadable eBooks of every lesson
- Earn while you learn certificates – after successful completion of each module you will be awarded a certificate
- Formative assessments, multiple choice questions and summative assessments
Course pack includes:
- Online Access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop bag
- Digital School of Marketing Travel Mug
- Digital School of Marketing cap
- Branded Digital School of Marketing Note Pad and Pen
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Sales and Marketing Course accredited?
Yes – the Online Sales and Marketing Course is accredited through MICT SETA, Internationally endorsed by the CPD UK services body and endorsed by the SABPP. There are two modules which are accredited unit standards in this specific course totalling 23 unit standard credits.
How long will it take me to complete this course?
On average students take 12 weeks to complete this Sales and Digital Marketing course. However, if you need longer to complete your studies – you will be able to.
What are the payment plans available?
There are many payment options available at the Digital School of Marketing. We offer discounts on full payments. Debit orders are available as well as structured payment plans with installments. – Studying Sales and Marketing has never been this easy!
Where is Digital School of Marketing Head Office?
Our head office is based in Randburg, Johannesburg. However, the Sales and Marketing course are available throughout South Africa.
Is there student support?
There is student support available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, at the college with trained assessors and facilitators to assist you in your studies.
Contact our trained assessors to assist in your sales and marketing learning journey.
When can I start the course?
This sales and marketing course, which gives a thorough grounding in sales and marketing strategy, can be started at any time of the year.
The Certification is offered throughout the year. So you can start your studies whenever the time is right for you!
Why choose Digital School of Marketing?
The Digital School of Marketing is fully accredited through the Media Information and Communication Technology (MICT) Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA). This means that the online digital marketing courses are specially designed for the digital industry. All industry benchmarks and standards have been met.
Additionally, You can start studying the Digital Marketing Certificate anytime during the year and the courses are available throughout South Africa.
How old do I have to be to start a course at DSM?
You have to be 17 years old to be eligible to start the Digital Marketing Course, which provides the best digital marketing course in South Africa.
Where can I work with the Digital Marketing Certification?
The marketing course is designed for you to step into any digital marketing position in a private or corporate institution. You will also be fully qualified to work for yourself in your own business after you’ve finished the course.
When does the debit order run?
The debit order runs for the Digital Marketing course on the last working day of every month.
If I choose the debit order option, will I be billed more than the monthly course instalments?
No. You will only be billed for the monthly course instalment.
Can I freeze my debit order?
No. Your debit order runs automatically after the first payment is charged.
Can My employers assist with payment for the course?
Yes! – Please contact us for a customised quote for the sales and digital marketing certification for your employers.
Why are Sales and Marketing Skills needed in The workplace?
The shift of how consumers find products has changed significantly in the age of digital marketing.
The ability for organisations to thrive in new marketplaces depends on how well versed their staff are in their digital marketing and sales skills.
It is therefore imperative that all organisations big and small upskill their staff in digital marketing and sales to capitalize on this growing trend.
Do I receive a study pack?
You will receive, with your marketing short course:
- Online access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop backpack
- Branded travel mug
- Branded notepad
- Branded cap