SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING COURSE
Owing to the growing trend of social media marketing all organisations, companies, small businesses and sole proprietors need to have a solid understanding of how to market and grow their brands on social channels. As such they need solid social media strategy training.
Whether you are wanting to break into the world of social media marketing or wanting to boost your career with an accredited social media marketing course – this course is just for you!
Save up to 30% off all courses
What you will learn about the Social Media Marketing Course
Learning outcomes and benefits:
How to market on different social media channels – How to build out effective campaigns for different social media channels including; Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest.
Content Marketing for social channels – How to tailor your content effectively for different channels and target markets for maximum leads and social engagement.
Brand Building on Social Media – How to weave in your brand’s message effectively and consistently for professional exposure.
Social Media Advertising – how to create lead generating advertising and engaging adverts using different social media adverting platforms.
Social Media Analytics – How to read and optimise your social media channels using your analytical data unique to each platform.
Managing a social media community – How to identify your social media personas and design strategies to engage and manage online social reputation.
*See the modular breakdown for a comprehensive view of what you will learn.
Accreditations and Endorsements with DSM
- MICT (Media Information and Communication Technology SETA)
- CPD services body of the United Kingdom
- CPD points with SABPP
Digital School of Marketing is a member of the IAB (The Interactive Advertising Bureau)
The Social Media Marketing Certificate will develop your skills as a social media specialist, and enable you to grow your brand strategically on any social channel, increase customer engagement and correctly target those who matter most through effective social media management.
The Social Media Marketing Online Course is conducted online over a 12-week period and is considered to be the benchmark in social media marketing in SA.
Here’s our comprehensive list of Social Media Marketing Course modules:
Module 1 – Social Media and the Brand
- Brands presence on social media
- Blending social media and traditional media
- Engaging with your brand’s audience
- Strategies for engagement and marketing
- Building your target audience and persona
- Tailoring your content for your audience and social media channel
- Exploring different social platforms
- Social sharing platforms
- Microblogging platforms
- Understanding how to incorporate blogging into social media
- Social bookmarking platforms and their use
Module 2 – Marketing Communication Concepts
(SAQA ID 10064 NQF Level 5, 8 Credits)
- Marketing communications mix
- Traditional and digital marketing communications
- Lateral thinking in marketing
- High and low thinking marketing strategies
Module 3 – Social Media Content Strategy
- Target market behaviour
- Content style guide
- Content marketing strategy
- Setting content marketing targets
- Understanding curated and created content
- Content marketing on different social platforms
Module 4 – Creation of Content for Different Social Platforms
- How to use hashtags effectively
- Planning your content calendars
- Identifying gaps in your content
- Building a content marketing inventory
Module 5 – Creating Content That Engages Your Social Audience
- Setting SMART goals and objectives
- Social media campaign design
- Designing content goals
- Designing campaign goals and strategies
- Facebook campaigns
- Instagram campaigns
- LinkedIn campaigns
- YouTube campaigns
- Twitter campaigns
- Fundamentals of influencer marketing
- Understanding your social analytics and making strategic decisions
Module 6 – Writing Advertising Copy
(SAQA ID 244612 NQF Level 5, 15 Credits)
- Assess Advertising Copy
- Copywriting for different mediums and target audiences
- Writing best practices and principles
- Strategic copywriting
- Meeting your copywriting deadlines
- Adapting copy for your target markets and audiences
Module 7 – Managing Your Social Media Community
- Understanding community management
- Setting your social community guidelines
- Setting business policies for social media
- Online reputation management (ORM)
- Dealing with negative and positive audience responses
- Guidelines for monitoring
- Social media customer service strategies
- Learning the skills needed for management
Module 8 – Advertising on Social Media Platforms
- Introduction to advertising
- Understanding your target audience
- Establishing the right payment models for your business goals
- Facebook advert designing
- Instagram advert designing and formatting
- Twitter advert creation
- LinkedIn advertising creation and design
- YouTube Advertising and design strategies
- Setting up marketing budgets for different platforms
- Understanding your advertising metrics and setting KPI’s
Module 9 – Brand Identity on Different Channels
- Understanding what is brand identity and the purpose thereof
- Becoming a customer-centric organisation
- Components of brand identity
- Understanding brand vision
- Brand purpose and positioning
- Brand personality
- Brand language
Module 10 – Measuring And Optimisation
- Introduction to social media optimisation
- Understanding ROI for social media
- Steps to measure ROI
- Tools to measure ROI
- Determining your objectives and KPI’s for your social media marketing plan
- Conversion Analysis of social media
- Understanding data types for social media advertising and marketing
- Understanding your social media analytics for all platforms
Module 11 – Strategy Planning
- How to create a strategy that suits your business
- Defining your social media objectives
- Understanding competitive analysis
- Understanding the SWOT analysis
- Elements of a strategy plan
- Putting a strategy plan together
How you can study at DSM
All courses at DSM are delivered on a bespoke learning platform. The social media course is designed to give the student theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in social media marketing and management.
This is how you will study social media marketing:
- Informative slides pertaining to each module and subject
- Infographics designed specifically for The Digital School of Marketing
- Videos designed specifically for the learning subject
- Downloadable eBooks of every lesson
- Earn while you learn certificates – after successful completion of each module you will be awarded a certificate
- Formative assessments, multiple choice questions and summative assessments
As a student you receive:
- Login details for the course
- Student Support throughout
- Certificates for each successfully completed module (Digital copies)
- a final certificate for the course (Hard copy and Digital copy)
Finance your course through MobiCred on check out.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Social Media Course accredited?
Yes the Social Media Course is accredited through MICT SETA unlike other social media courses. There are two modules which are accredited unit standards in this specific course. Totalling 23 unit standard credits. The other modules are specific to the field of Social media and digital marketing and fulfil what knowledge and expertise you will need in order to succeed within this vocation.
How long will it take me to complete this Social Media Marketing Course?
On average students take 12 weeks to complete this social media training. However, if you need longer to complete the course you will be able to.
What are the payment plans available?
There are many payment options available at the Digital School of Marketing. We offer huge discounts on full payments. Debit orders are available as well as structured payment plans with installments.
Where is Digital School of Marketing Head Office?
Our head office is based in Randburg, Johannesburg. However, the social media marketing course is available both locally and internationally through online learning.
Is there student support?
There is student support available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm for the social media marketing course, at the college with trained assessors and facilitators. You can contact our trained student advisory team via phone, email or on your online dashboard.
When can I start the course?
Courses can be started at any time of the year. You may start the course whenever you are ready.
Why choose Digital School of Marketing?
The Digital School of Marketing is fully accredited through the Media Information and Communication Technology (MICT) Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA). This means that the marketing courses are specially designed for the digital marketing industry. All industry benchmarks and standards have been met.
International CPD’s have been awarded for the courses meaning you can take your certificates abroad and work confidently in any environment.
Can My employers pay for the course?
Yes! – Please contact us for a customised quote for your employers.
How old do I have to be to start a course at DSM?
You have to be 17 years old to be eligible to start the Social Media Management Course.
Where can I work with the Social Media Marketing Course?
You will comfortably and confidently be able to fit into any social media position of any marketing and advertising agency or successfully run your own business within this vocation. The course will give a a broad understanding of social media marketing as well as digital marketing as a whole.
When does the debit order run?
The debit order for this social media marketing course runs on the last working day of every month.
Can I freeze my debit order?
No. Your debit order runs automatically after the first payment is charged.
Do I receive a study pack?
No study pack will be received. All course information is available online.
If I choose the debit order option, will I be billed more than the monthly course instalments?
No. You will only be billed for the monthly course instalment.