DIGITAL MARKETING COURSE
This accredited Digital Marketing Course covers both basic to advanced principles of digital marketing that any business or sole proprietor needs to have in their tool chest in order to strive and survive in this ever-changing world of digital marketing.
The course will empower you to grow your current marketing knowledge, advance yourself in your career or improve your current presence on digital channels.
***September Special – Receive a Free Sales Management Course when purchasing the Digital Marketing course this September!
Who is this course suited for?
- Working professionals wanting to understand the digital marketing space
- Beginners looking to learn more about digital marketing strategy and execution
- Existing marketing professionals wanting to up their game in digital marketing
3 – 4 months
If you would like something more advanced then please see the Advanced Digital Marketing Course.
You will learn:
- Search Engine Optimisation – how to optimise your website to rank higher using on- page and off- page SEO techniques.
- Paid (PPC) – how to design search and display advertising on Google’s ad platform and how to optimise them for best results using web analytics.
- Social Media Marketing Management – how to advertise, write, manage and optimise social media marketing campaigns on different social media channels.
- Email Marketing – how to design an effective email, segment your audience base and optimise your email marketing for performance.
- Mobile Marketing – How to use your target market user behaviour to create mobile marketing advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Digital Marketing Strategy – how to build a holistic campaign bringing in all elements of digital marketing to work with your business objectives and strategy.
- Digital Copy Writing – how to write for your target audience on different mediums and channels for the web using best practice techniques.
- Content Marketing – how to design compelling, unique and shareable content for different kinds of target markets.
- Marketing Management – the fundamental concepts of marketing management and selling and how they tie in with digital marketing channels and technology-based thinking.
*See the modular breakdown for a comprehensive understanding of what you will learn on this digital marketing course.
Accreditations and Endorsements
- MICT (SETA)
- CPD services body of the United Kingdom
- 60 CPD points with SABPP
- Digital School of Marketing is a member of the IAB.
* Digital School of Marketing is BEE compliant
If you are ready to learn digital marketing and propel yourself in the fastest-growing career of the century, then this online Digital Marketing Certification is just for you!
Module 1 – Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Marketing in the digital age
- Components of a digital marketing strategy plan
- Understanding the differences between marketing and advertising
- Identifying and understanding digital target markets
Module 2 – Marketing Communication Concepts
(SAQA ID 10064 NQF Level 5, 8 Credits)
- The marketing mix
- Marketing communications strategy
- High and low thinking in marketing
- Marketing management
- Digital and traditional marketing channels
- Sales and marketing
Module 3 – SEO and Web Analytics
- SEO fundamentals
- Keyword research
- Onsite and offsite optimisation techniques
- Link building strategies
- Labelling of a website
- SEO and website structure
- Auditing websites
- Identifying SEO problems
- Writing SEO copywriting
- Reading analytics
- Understanding your analytics
Module 4 – Social Media Marketing
- Using Social media channels strategically
- Choosing the right channels for your business
- Content marketing for social media
- Influencer marketing
- Creating paid advertising for social media
- Optimising your social media advertising
- Reading your social media analytics
- Crowdsourcing for social media
- Online reputation management
- Social media sharing platforms
- Understanding your social media analytics
Module 5 – Content Marketing and Digital Copy Writing
- Understanding user behaviour
- Objectives of content marketing
- Developing a content marketing style
- Developing a content strategy
- Writing digital copy
- Structuring a content calendar
- Identifying content gaps
- Writing for your brand
- Writing for your digital persona’s
Module 6 – Writing Advertising Copy
(SAQA ID 244612 NQF Level 5, 15 Credits)
- Assess Advertising Copy
- Copywriting for different mediums
- Writing principles
- Strategic copywriting
- Meeting copywriting deadlines
- Adapting copy for your target market
Module 7 – Paid Advertising and Marketing
- Search advertising on the SERPS
- Display advertising
- Video marketing and advertising
- Keyword research
- Designing PPC advertising copy for search engine marketing
- Social media advertising
- Using analytics for paid advertising
Module 9 – E-mail Marketing
- Different types of email marketing
- Email marketing strategy
- Email metrics and KPI’s
- Writing for email marketing
- Audience segmentation
- Conversion optimisation for email
- Defining email objectives
Module 10 – Mobile Digital Marketing
- Mobile communication
- SMS marketing
- UX for mobile
- Writing for mobile
- MMS marketing
- Mobile user behaviour
- Mobile marketing strategy
- Measuring your mobile marketing efforts
The CPD Certification Service
Member of the IAB SA
How you can study at DSM
The Digital Marketing Course is delivered on a cutting-edge online learning platform. It is designed to give you theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in digital marketing.
Digital school of marketing has adopted a personalised approach to your learning experience – this allows you to start when you are ready, study at your own pace whilst enjoying the benefit of our full-time student support.
This is how you will study marketing:
- Slides with digital marketing information pertaining to each module and subject
- Infographics designed specifically learning outcomes
- Videos designed specifically for the learning programme
- Downloadable eBooks of every lesson
- Earn while you learn certificates – after successful completion of each module you will be awarded a certificate
- Formative assessments, multiple choice questions and summative assessments
Course pack includes:
- Online Access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop bag
- Digital School of Marketing Travel Mug
- Digital School of Marketing cap
- Branded Digital School of Marketing Note Pad and Pen
- Deposit: R 3200
- R 2766,67 (3 months)
- 15% Discount
- Save R 1725
- Deposit : R 2900
- R 1433,33 (6 months)
Next intake 1st of October 2019
Venue: Randburg Campus
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 18:30 – 21:00
Duration: 8 weeks
DSM reserves the right to reschedule class dates if minimum intake requirement is not met.
- Deposit: R 3200
- R 2950.00 (4 months)
- 15% Discount
- Save R 2250
- Deposit : R 2900
- R 1512.50 (8 months)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Digital Marketing Course accredited?
Yes – the Online Digital Marketing Course is accredited through MICT SETA, Internationally endorsed by the CPD UK services body and endorsed by the SABPP. There are two modules which are accredited unit standards in this specific course totalling 23 unit standard credits.
The other modules are specific to the field of digital marketing and what knowledge you will need to succeed within this vocation.
How long will it take me to complete this Digital Marketing course?
On average students take 12 weeks to complete this digital marketing course. However, if you need longer to complete your marketing studies – you will be able to.
What are the payment plans available?
There are many payment options available at the Digital School of Marketing. We offer discounts on full payments. Debit orders are available as well as structured payment plans with instalments. – Studying Digital Marketing has never been this easy!
Where is Digital School of Marketing Head Office?
Our head office is based in Randburg, Johannesburg. However, the marketing courses are available throughout South Africa and Internationally through online learning.
Is there student support?
There is student support available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, at the college with trained assessors and facilitators to assist you in your marketing studies.
Contact our trained digital marketing assessors to assist in your marketing learning journey.
When can I start the course?
This marketing course, which gives a thorough grounding in digital strategy, can be started at any time of the year. You may start studying the digital marketing the course whenever you are ready.
The Digital Marketing Course is offered throughout the year. So you can start your digital marketing studies whenever the time is right for you!
Why choose Digital School of Marketing?
The Digital School of Marketing is fully accredited through the Media Information and Communication Technology (MICT) Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA). This means that the online digital marketing courses are specially designed for the digital industry. All industry benchmarks and standards have been met.
Additionally, You can start studying the Digital Marketing Certificate anytime during the year and the courses are available throughout South Africa.
How old do I have to be to start a course at DSM?
You have to be 17 years old to be eligible to start the Digital Marketing Course, which provides the best digital marketing course in South Africa.
Where can I work with the Digital Marketing Certification?
The Digital marketing course is designed for you to step into any digital marketing position in a private or corporate institution. You will also be fully qualified to work for yourself in your own business after you’ve finished the course.
When does the debit order run?
The debit order runs for the Digital Marketing course on the last working day of every month.
If I choose the debit order option, will I be billed more than the monthly course instalments?
No. You will only be billed for the monthly course instalment.
Can I freeze my debit order?
No. Your debit order runs automatically after the first payment is charged.
Can My employers assist with payment for the course?
Yes! – Please contact us for a customised quote for the digital marketing certification for your employers.
Why are Digital Marketing skills needed in The workplace?
The shift of how consumers find products has changed significantly in the age of digital marketing.
The ability for organisations to thrive in new marketplaces depends on how well versed their staff are in their digital marketing skills.
It is therefore imperative that all organisations big and small upskill their staff in digital marketing to capitalize on this growing trend. – If you would like a quote for your company for the digital marketing course please get in touch and we will gladly prepare one for you.
Do I receive a study pack?
You will receive, with your marketing short course:
- Online access
- Branded USB stick
- Branded laptop backpack
- Branded travel mug
- Branded notepad
- Branded cap