MARKETING MANAGEMENT COURSE
The marketing manager is the hub of the marketing department. The success of the company’s marketing activities rests with them. This means that not only do they have to be a first-class marketer, who generates new and exciting ideas, they also must have superior management and leadership skills so that they can get the best out of the members of the marketing department.
The Digital School of Marketing, Marketing Management Course will teach you how to become a top notch and proficient manager of a marketing department, enabling you to stratigise new marketing techniques that are unique to your company and target market.
Digital School of Marketing will empower you with both current Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing Management skills which will enable you to reach new heights in your professional career.
Who is this course suited for?
- Individuals wanting to break into the world of marketing management
- Current marketing professionals wanting to up their game in marketing management
- Marketing professionals looking for a fresh perspective in their business endeavours
3 – 4 months
Receive a 40% discount on all courses and a free Brand Management course for July!
Module1 – Sales and Marketing
- Definition of sales and marketing
- Marketing strategy
- Sales management and marketing management
- Responsibilities of marketing and sales
- Customer relations
- Closing the gap between sales and marketing
- Marketing and sales in a business environment
- Understanding and implementing the sales funnel
Module 2 – Marketing Communications Concepts
(SAQA ID 10064 NQF Level 5, 8 Credits)
- Identifying and understanding the target audience
- Marketing mix fundamentals
- Digital Marketing channels
- Differentiating from the competition
- Developing key marketing messages
- Selecting communication channels
Module 3 – Defining your Audience
- Finding your ideal target audience
- Brand copy guidelines
- Defining your online audience
- The use of persuasive language
Module 4 – Brand Positioning
- Brand positioning for your audience
- Creating a positioning strategy
- Understanding brand positioning
- Developing competitive brand positioning strategy for your company
Module 5 – Managing a Corporate Brand
- Creating a corporate brand
- Types of corporate identities
- Corporate brand reputation
- Designing a brand portfolio
- Strategies to build a strong brand portfolio
Module 6 – Branding Growth Strategies
- Understand brand growth strategies
- Brand extension strategies
- Brand endorsement strategy
Module 6 – Leadership Skills
- Understand differences between leaders and managers
- Leadership styles
- Leadership techniques
- Motivation theories in management
Module 7 – Supervise a technical project team
(SAQA ID 10147 NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Project management in marketing
- Stages of project management cycles
- Stakeholder communication
- Project reporting
- Mitigation of business risk
Module 9 – Role of Technology Marketing
- Role technology in marketing
- CRM implementation
- Social and traditional CRM systems
- Implementation of CRM systems
Module 10 – How to Manage Relationships with Stakeholders
- Identify stakeholders in the organisation
- Maintenance of stakeholder relationships
- Shareholders & Investors relations
How you can study at DSM
The course is delivered on our state-of-the-art online learning platform, which is jam-packed with videos and infographics to cater for all your learning needs. Features on our learning platform include:
- 200 videos
- 100 infographics
- Progress trackers
- Interactive feedback
As a student you receive:
- Login details for the course
- Student Support throughout
- Certificates for each successfully completed module (Digital copies)
- a final certificate for the course (Hard copy and Digital copy)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the Marketing Management Course accredited?
Yes the Course is accredited through MICT SETA. The course is an 8 credit course with additional modules specifically designed for brand management and marketing.
How long will it take me to complete this course?
On average students take 3 to 4 months to complete the course. However if you need longer to complete the course you will be able to.
What are the payment plans available?
There are different payment options available at the Digital School of Marketing. We offer discounts on full payments. Debit orders are available as well as structured payment plans with instalments.
Where is Digital School of Marketing Head Office?
Our head office is based in Randburg, Johannesburg. However our courses are available both locally and internationally through online learning.
Is there student support?
There is student support available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, at the college with trained assessors and facilitators. You can contact our friendly student advisory team via phone, email or on your online dashboard.
When can I start the course?
Courses can be started any time of the year. You may start the course whenever you are ready.
Why choose Digital School of Marketing?
The Digital School of Marketing is fully accredited through the Media Information and Communication Technology (MICT) Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA). This means that the courses are specially designed for the digital industry. All industry benchmarks and standards have been met.
How old do I have to be to start a course at DSM?
You have to be 17 years old to be eligible to start the Marketing Management Course .
Where can I work with the Marketing Management Certification?
The courses are designed for you to step into any marketing management position in a private or corporate institution. You will also be fully qualified to work for yourself in your own business after you’ve finished a course with us. Alternatively, you’ll be able to consult or freelance in your area of specialisation.
When does the debit order run?
The debit order runs on the last working day of every month.
If I choose the debit order option, will I be billed more than the monthly course instalments?
No. You will only be billed for the monthly course instalment.
Can I freeze my debit order?
No. Your debit order runs automatically after the first payment is charged.
Do I receive a study pack?
No study pack will be received. All course information is available online.