How many times recently have you heard or read the following phrases, “The video, that has since gone viral…” or “The tweet has blown up the internet…”? These phrases often accompany content that gets everyone talking, including clever campaigns, feel-good stories, unbelievable feats and, of course, more negative news and events.
In our day and age, your content competes against a magnitude of other content – and you will find yourself up against people with more money, resources, and influence. So, how do you become an overnight success with the resources at your disposal?
One of the best ways to reach your target audience, and become an overnight sensation, is a little something called viral marketing. Oberlo defines viral marketing as “any tactic that results in the rapid spread of a business’s marketing message on or offline.”
The great thing about viral marketing is that you can use your existing distribution channels to promote your service or product. Successful viral marketing campaigns use content on love, fear, unity and – especially – humour, to get noticed and shared.
Now that you know the vehicle that is going to transport you to overnight success let’s look at our three steps to becoming an overnight content marketing sensation. Read on, if you dare!
Stay connected with the world
You need to know everything about current trends in your industry by doing constant research. In other words, get on top of it and stay on top of it. When something significant happens in your industry, react, create and share great, related content quickly!
There are a number of ways to stay on top of trends in your industry. Here are some of them:
- Make sure that you study industry research and trends reports.
- Ensure that you follow publications and influencers in your industry.
- There are a myriad of tools at your disposal. Use these and various analytics systems to identify the direction trends are going.
- Ensure that you surround yourself with smart people who can give you advice – on certain aspects of things – should you need it.
- Build and keep a close group of trusted advisers and confidantes.
- Ask the right questions for your business. Most importantly, listen to your customers.
- Learn to accept change in addition to embracing it.
Know your audience
Be smart about what you share with your target audience – show them what they want to see, evoke emotion in them, and you’re sure to become an overnight content marketing sensation! Stay away from broad assumptions and put yourself in their shoes to create content that will go viral.
Just keep creating
When you create more content, your chances are higher of it being discovered and going viral. According to HubSpot, businesses that blog more than 16 times per month get almost 3.5 times more traffic than those who blog four times per month! You can also find existing content about your service or product that has the potential to go viral or create it from scratch.
Do you think we’ve covered the most important steps to becoming an overnight content marketing sensation? We’d love to hear from you!
Become an expert in digital content creation with DSM’s Digital Copywriting and Content Marketing Course. After completing this course, you will digital copywriting extraordinaire and a content marketing guru. If you are ready to learn digital copywriting and content marketing – and propel yourself in the fastest-growing career of the century – then this course is just for you! For more information about this and our other online digital marketing courses, please visit our website.
You might also like
- Will Content Marketing Generate Leads for your Business?
- Why You Should Use a Content Calendar For Your Digital Marketing
- Why you should search for trending hashtags before posting content
- Why You Should Master Digital Copywriting To Enhance Your Content
- Why you should leave comments on blogs
- Why You Should Search For Trending Hashtags Before Publishing