While the term content curation is often familiar for most marketers, not every marketer prioritises content curation as a very important part of their global content marketing or content development strategy.
The truth is that content curation can serve to fill the gaps faced in any content strategy and it can help to create a more robust as well as value-driven content marketing process. For those who are not entirely in the know, a great content curation effort can also assist complement your overall SEO strategy.
While a lot has certainly evolved in B2B marketing as well as content marketing since this time, with today’s AI-powered content management systems and content marketing software as well as even SEO support tools, it is easier for content marketers and B2B marketing leaders to define what type of content they want to create within a specific time frame while aligning it to audience and reader interests with the aim of driving buying cycles.
What Is Curated Content?
Curated content is content which is created by others which you select to share with your own audience. This could be a valued blog post from a company in your field, expert advice from a pertinent thought leader, or anything else which you think your audience will appreciate as well as enjoy.
Just as a museum curator’s role is to select the most important artifacts and artworks in order to display, your role as a content curator is to choose only the best content to share with your followers. This curated content definition isn’t difficult. In fact, every retweet is a very simple kind of content curation.
Why Do We Need Content Curation?
As content marketers, we specialise in creating amazing content, however, we should also consider some of the reasons why content curation is very important in terms of boosting content marketing. Let’s take you through the whole process.
- Wide range of accessible content: When we curate articles, we gain access to a broad range of information about a specific subject. Sharing content in an ethical manner also assists us to deliver reliable content.
- Value addition: We are recognised for exploring the best available content. Individuals appreciate the diverse perspectives that we share regarding their topics as well as interests.
- Influencer marketing: Once we curate – as well as share – pieces of information from different publishers or writers, in addition we are recognised for the efforts. However, they will anticipate to get their due credit and a link back to the original article. Ensure that you enable such links and give credit where it’s due.
If you would like to become a content marketing expert then you really need to do our Digital Copywriting and Content Marketing Course. Follow this link in order to find out more and to register for this course.
You might also like
- Will Content Marketing Generate Leads for your Business?
- Why You Should Use a Content Calendar For Your Digital Marketing
- Why you should search for trending hashtags before posting content
- Why You Should Master Digital Copywriting To Enhance Your Content
- Why you should leave comments on blogs
- Why You Should Search For Trending Hashtags Before Publishing