If you are looking to make content sound more human, brand voice is a good place to start. Consider the following basic rules of creating engaging email content:
- Be clear and use plain English.
- Steer clear of digital marketing jargon.
- Be helpful. Demonstrate to your audience the manner in which you can help them as well as add value to their lives.
- Keep the focus on them and be memorable.
- Be concise.
- Get your point across in a limited amount of words.
- Be consistent.
- Use one voice and one tone across all channels.
Creating engaging email content
Here are a couple of principles to ensure that your email content gets the attention it deserves:
Know your audience
A lot of writers put pen to paper before they have a good idea about who it is that they’re trying to reach. Before drafting content for your emails, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is my primary target audience?
- Who is my secondary audience that can influence as well as inform the primary audience?