If you aren’t sure which type of Facebook ad campaign to use for your products or services, this article will assist you in making this decision by discussing three of the most profitable ad campaigns that you can consider starting with. It will also give you a step-by-step breakdown of how to set up each of these campaigns.
While the process of setting up a Facebook campaign might seem daunting, this is only the beginning. The real work starts when your campaign goes live and you have to actively manage it to avoid ad fatigue. You need to go into this process knowing what to expect.
Facebook ad campaigns
Campaign 1: Re-marketing
This type of campaign is designed to target people who have visited your website but haven’t converted into a lead or customer yet. With this Facebook ad campaign you will be making special offers to this audience in the hopes of finally converting them into customers.
The first step for this campaign is to install Facebook Pixel on your website. Facebook Pixel will give you a handy insight into how visitors from Facebook interact with your site. Once you have Facebook Pixel installed, you can then create a custom audience of website visitors.
Follow the following 10 steps to do this:
- Open the Ads Manager main menu.
- Under the ‘Assets’ column, click on ‘Audiences’.
- When the Audiences dashboard opens, click on ‘Create Audience’ and then select ‘Custom Audience’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the ‘Create a Custom Audience’ window, select ‘Website Traffic’.
- Select ‘Any’ along with your Facebook Pixel to set up your custom audience.
- Choose ‘All Website Visitors’ in the condition section.
- Change the duration to ‘180 days’ in order to create the largest website custom audience.
- To make sure that you are not wasting money advertising to people who are already customers, click on ‘Exclude People’.
- In the new field that appears, click on the condition and then select ‘Purchases’ from the drop-down menu.
- Again, change the audience duration to 180 days in order to include most people in your audience.
At a later stage you can create shorter website custom audience durations that might be more in-line with your specific needs.