Putting together content for SEO purposes is frequently linked with keyword-stuffed articles which lack quality and voice. However, as Google continues to push search marketers towards optimising for humans rather than algorithms, that type of content is rapidly losing visibility in the search results.
In any case, without SEO your content could be lost somewhere on page 50 of the search results. We all know that website traffic on those pages is less than adequate! Likewise, your first-page ranking can only do so much if your content post-click is not up to scratch. That’s why a good relationship between SEO and great content is essential.
How do you create content which ranks well with Google and also persuades people? That’s what SEO copywriting is all about. Don’t worry if you can’t afford an expensive SEO copywriter. You can do it on your own following simple rules.
Do Keyword Research
Although SEO is leaning towards persuading users to create thought-leadership kinds of content, keywords still play a very important role. Finding the correct keywords will assist you to dominate the search results as well as satisfy your target audience.
While choosing your target keywords, identify the following:
- The volume of searches for a specific keyword in a given timeframe. Using the incorrect keywords will lead to a waste of your time as well as budget.
- Understand the searcher intent behind keywords that you want to utilise.
- Research resources to put together competitive content already shown up in the search results.
- Concentrate on long-tail keywords. They could have a low search volume, but they still give a high possibility to rank on the SERPs. People usually use longer keyword phrases when they want to find out more specific information about a particular topic.
Structure For Scanability
Even the most comprehensive content will fail audiences if it’s not presented in a digestible format. And the narrow aspect ratio of mobile devices adds another factor to consider as it influences how much content a user can view at one time. This is why it is so important to organise your content so that users are able to find the exact information that they’re looking for.
Make Sure That You Keep It All Under The Same Roof
Get the credit and traffic that your website deserves by keeping your original content under your own domain name. That means that if you have a blog opt-out of hosting with WordPress or Blogger in addition to host the blog in a subfolder which is on your own domain (i.e.: www.example.com/blog ). Any time you have the chance to showcase other forms of original content – such as videos, infographics or whitepapers – make sure that you also embed them onto your website as well and share from there.
Create Catchy Titles
Titles have a massive impact on your SEO purposes as well as user-friendliness. Informative and catchy titles can assist readers tell what your blog post is about in addition to what they will get from reading it.
In order to increase your chances of ranking higher, optimise your titles for SEO by following these straightforward tips:
- Utilise your target keyword at the start of your title.
- Make sure that you keep your title under 60 characters. Google shows the first 60 characters in the search results.
- Make sure that you describe the post’s content accurately.
Over the last couple of years, expertise, authoritativeness as well as trustworthiness (known collectively as E-A-T) have become a familiar concept in the search industry, however for audiences, these concepts have always been in existence.
[E-A-T is] very important to incorporate into your content as, from the user perspective, showing off your expertise as well as your authoritativeness in your space is massively important. Creating trust signals, for both users and search engines, is also crucial.
Do you want to become an SEO expert? If you do then you need to do our SEO and Web Analytics Course. Follow this link for more information.
You might also like
- You Can Convey a Lot Of Meaning With Just One Graphic
- Why Your Sales Planning Needs To Be Nimble?
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.
- Why Your Business Should Consider Marketing On LinkedIn?
- Why Your Business Needs Digital Marketing. Read this article.
- Why You Should Complete A Social Media Marketing Course?