When you are attempting to reach a large slice of the world’s population, a good marketing strategy is a must. It’s not a nice-to-have. Social media assists us with keeping track of our friends, family, as well as our favourite brands. Social media is even great for business-to-business (B2B) marketing.
This being said, social media for businesses can often take a back-burner to other important day-to-day activities. Having the assurance that your social media is taken care of in advance allows you to focus on the day-to-day occurrences in your business. The best method of going about this is with a social media calendar.
What Is A Social Media Calendar?
A social media calendar is an outline of your upcoming social media posts. It can be organised in the format of a spreadsheet, Google calendar or interactive dashboard (if you’re utilising a social media management application).
Each entry in a social media calendar normally includes some blend of these elements:
- The precise date and time the post is going to be published.
- The social network – as well as the account – where the post will go live.
- The post’s copy and creative assets (in other words, photos or videos).
- Links and tags to be included in the post.
- Any additional relevant information (e.g. is this an Instagram feed post or a Story?).
- Depending on the scope of your social media strategy, your social media calendar can include one or many social networks.
Who Should Utilise A Social Media Content Calendar?
Essentially, you will see a lot of benefits from a social media content calendar if you:
- Want to save time on unplanned planning and creating content,
- Need to share posts on your social media profiles regularly,
- Wish to avoid mistakes, mishaps, and grammar mistakes in your posts,
- Would like to be prepared on special occasions and holidays with posts planned and approved in advance,
- Strive to improve your social media content quality,
- Need to collaborate with your team and clients on content plans, or
- Care to know what works and what doesn’t in terms of your social media posting.
Quite simply, a social media content calendar is an integral part of your marketing strategy if you wish to maximise your social media presence.
What Are The Benefits Of A Social Media Calendar?
Creating a social media calendar can work wonders for your social media marketing strategy.
It assists with reducing the stress of attempting to come up with a social media post on the day which you would like to post it. When you think about your social media posts ahead and plan these a week or a month in advance, you are able to save on productivity as well as time.
A social media calendar lets you take advantage of any holidays which are relevant and beneficial for your company. These encourage you to research holidays in advance so that you are able to brainstorm how you will be able to connect each holiday to your brand. If you’re handling social media for a mental health practice, for instance, the last thing you want is to realise you missed a chance to post on World Mental Health Day.
Consistency is fundamental to good social media. A social media calendar can greatly help you to attain consistency with your social posts.
Would you like to become a social media manager? If you do then you need to do our Social Media Marketing Course. Follow this link to find out more.
You might also like
- You Can Convey a Lot Of Meaning With Just One Graphic
- Why Your Sales Planning Needs To Be Nimble?
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.
- Why Your Business Should Consider Marketing On LinkedIn?
- Why Your Business Needs Digital Marketing. Read this article.
- Why You Should Complete A Social Media Marketing Course?