When you are attempting to reach a large slice of the world’s population, a good marketing strategy is a must. It’s not a nice-to-have. Social media assists us with keeping track of our friends, family, as well as our favourite brands. Social media is even great for business-to-business (B2B) marketing.
This being said, social media for businesses can often take a back-burner to other important day-to-day activities. Having the assurance that your social media is taken care of in advance allows you to focus on the day-to-day occurrences in your business. The best method of going about this is with a social media calendar.
What Is A Social Media Calendar?
A social media calendar is an outline of your upcoming social media posts. It can be organised in the format of a spreadsheet, Google calendar or interactive dashboard (if you’re utilising a social media management application).
Each entry in a social media calendar normally includes some blend of these elements:
- The precise date and time the post is going to be published.
- The social network – as well as the account – where the post will go live.
- The post’s copy and creative assets (in other words, photos or videos).
- Links and tags to be included in the post.
- Any additional relevant information (e.g. is this an Instagram feed post or a Story?).
- Depending on the scope of your social media strategy, your social media calendar can include one or many social networks.
Who Should Utilise A Social Media Content Calendar?
Essentially, you will see a lot of benefits from a social media content calendar if you:
- Want to save time on unplanned planning and creating content,
- Need to share posts on your social media profiles regularly,
- Wish to avoid mistakes, mishaps, and grammar mistakes in your posts,
- Would like to be prepared on special occasions and holidays with posts planned and approved in advance,
- Strive to improve your social media content quality,
- Need to collaborate with your team and clients on content plans, or
- Care to know what works and what doesn’t in terms of your social media posting.
Quite simply, a social media content calendar is an integral part of your marketing strategy if you wish to maximise your social media presence.