“If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.”
Jeff Bezos: Founder of Amazon
In two lines, Jeff Bezos has perfectly encapsulated the power of social media – both the good and the bad. Yes, a message on social media has the power to be amplified very quickly and spread to a tonne of different markets – some that you wouldn’t have thought about targeting.
However, negative messaging on social media has the exact same power to spread like wildfire and possibly alienate your customers – both those who are currently buying for your company as well as those who are thinking about making a purchase from you.
So what’s the solution? Just pack up?
No. You need to control the conversation. You need to make sure that the messaging that is being put out by your company is positive and packed full of the value that your brand can bring to customers. Granted there is no guarantee that what is displayed on social media, about your organisation, will always be positive. There may be that one unhappy customer who leaves a negative review on your Facebook page for your thousands of followers to see.
What you need to do is to ensure that this negative piece of publicity doesn’t end up having a disastrous impact on image that your followers have of you. Deal with the person’s gripe about you and go out of your way to make them happy. Give them the finest customer service that you can so that end up signing your praises.
“But how do I learn all of these skills?” you’re probably wondering. Well, you need to go on a social media marketing course.
Don’t think about the need to go on this course as ‘just another thing’ that you need to do. Let’s face it: as entrepreneurs, we’re already wearing so many hats in our business that adding another one will just break the camel’s back. Think about it as a way:
- That you can grow your business and reach people who you never thought possible, and
- For you to enrich yourself and have an insight into a new field.
What You’ll Learn on a Social Media Marketing Course
There are a great number of things that you’ll learn on an accredited social media marketing course like the one offered by the Digital School of Marketing. Here are some of the topics:
- How to circulate your brand’s message on various social media channels – How to put together effective social media marketing campaigns for different channels. These include Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest.
- Content marketing on social channels – How to adapt your content successfully for various channels and focus on markets in order to gain maximum leads and social engagement.
- How to Build a Brand on Social Media – How to showcase your brand’s message effectively and steadily for professional exposure.
- Advertising on social media – How to create lead-generating advertising as well as adverts that are engaging using different social media advertising platforms.
- Analytics for social media – How to read as well as optimise your social media channels utilising your analytical data which is unique to each platform.
- How to manage a social media community – How to classify your social media personas as well as create strategies to participate in, and manage, your online social reputation.
Interested in learning more about this course? Follow this link for more information.
You might also like
- Use the Zero Moment of Truth to Benefit your Social Media Marketing
- Will your business benefit from being on LinkedIn
- Why Your Business Should Consider Marketing On LinkedIn?
- Why you should consider doing a social media marketing course
- Why You Should Complete A Social Media Marketing Course?
- Why you should care about reviews of your business on Facebook