One of the most widely spread misconception about WordPress is that it is just a blogging platform. Although WordPress started off as a blogging tool, it has developed throughout the years into a powerful website builder as well as a strong content management system (CMS).
One of the features that users love about WordPress is that it’s easy to use and adaptable enough to create different types of websites. This is the main reason why WordPress has increased so much in popularity. A recent survey states that WordPress powers 32.3% of all websites on the Internet. Owing to its robust features, many of the top brands worldwide use WordPress to power their websites. These big brands include Time Magazine, Facebook, The New Yorker, Sony, Disney, Target and The New York Times.
Other features which users love about WordPress is that:
- The software itself is free however, you’ll need a domain name and web hosting in order to make it work properly.
- As we mentioned previously, WordPress is extremely easy to modify by using plugins and various themes. If you’re a skilled programmer, however, you can use the templates that WordPress provides and custom code features that you want to be in them but that don’t come standard with the theme. There are tonnes of plugins which are available that you can use that will make your digital marketing a breeze!
- Google and other search engines favour WordPress sites as opposed to other website. This makes digital marketing a breeze.
- The back-end of a WordPress is very simple. As such, this makes it very easy for non-programmers to manage.
- If you’ve developed an amazing YouTube channel, that gets thousands of followers, you can embed some of your videos in your site in order to liven it up and create a better user experience. You can also embed audio clips – from platforms such as SoundCloud and Instagram posts – into the various articles on your site.