Brand positioning refers to a target consumer’s motivation to purchase your brand as opposed to others. It makes sure that all activity related to the brand:
- Has a shared aim,
- Is guided, directed as well as offered up by the brand’s benefits or reasons to buy, and
- It focuses at all brand touchpoints with the client.
Brand positioning must make sure that it answers the following questions:
- Is it unique/distinctive versus the competitors?
- Is it relevant and reassuring to the niche market?
- Is appropriate to all major geographic markets as well as businesses?
- Is the proposition verified with unique, appropriate as well as original products?
- Is it sustainable and can it be delivered constantly across all points of contact with the consumer?
- Is it helpful for an organisation in order to achieve its financial goals?
- Is it able to support as well as boost the organisation?
Creating a niche market
In order to create a distinctive place in the market, a niche market has to be carefully chosen and a differential advantage must be created in their mind. Brand positioning is a medium through which an organisation can portray to its customers what it wants to achieve for them as well as what it wants to mean to them. In other words, brand positioning forms customer’s views and opinions.
How to clarify your brand positioning
There are seven key steps to successfully cement how you are positioned in the marketplace:
- Ascertain how your brand is positioning itself at the moment.
- Pinpoint your direct competitors.
- Appreciate how each competitor is positioning their unique brand.
- Compare your positioning with your competitors in order to identify your uniqueness.
- Develop a distinct as well as value-based positioning idea.
- Craft a brand positioning statement.
- Test the efficacy of your brand positioning statement.
Brand differentiation is very important in today’s competitive market where every day some new products are coming into the market. The companies have to bring new ideas of branding to differentiate themselves from others.
In today’s global market, competition is very high. Therefore, every company is striving to differentiate its brand from the others. That is, everybody tries to make their brand unique. If the companies want to succeed, then they have to do honest brand assessments, otherwise the same kind of brands will come into the market repetitively.
In terms of branding, differentiation can relate to any combination of the following, from the physical characteristics of your product or service, to the emotional response your brand triggers, aspects of its presentation, its price point such as very high or very low, your brand story, and even the customer experience of your brand as a whole.
There are many ways you can differentiate your brand. The skill lies in developing and applying the most effective brand differentiation strategy in a way that appropriately reflects your brand’s personality, values, promise, way of doing things and key characteristics.
Want to learn more about branding and brand management? If so, then you really need to do a Brand Management Course such as the one we have on offer. What’s more, it’s the only one of its kind to be accredited by the MICT SETA so, when you decide to sign up for this course, you’re assured of an outstanding digital marketing education! Follow this link for more information.
You might also like
- Your Complete Guide to PPC Marketing Basics. Find out more.
- Would you make a great marketing manager?
- Will digital marketing now replace traditional marketing?
- Will Digital Marketing Kill Traditional Marketing?
- Why Your Online Branding Is Key To Your Business
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.