Growing to be an entrepreneur is one of the most exhilarating and fulfilling decisions which you will ever make. You can literally take an idea and then turn it into a thriving business model, while (hopefully) having a positive impact on the world around you.
However, this isn’t to say that choosing to be an entrepreneur means taking the simple path — quite the opposite. The day-to-day grind of forming and operating your own business can be overpowering to the point that many budding entrepreneurs throw in the towel altogether.
If you’re an entrepreneur, you by now know what it’s like. You probably become caught up in a seemingly endless web of to-do lists on a day-to-day basis. To make matters worse, you are the one in charge. It might sound like a dream come true, at first, however taking the driver’s seat also means taking responsibility for the success (or failure) of the organisation, and that you hold the financial well-being of yourself and your employees in the palm of your hands. That’s a lot of pressure for any individual to take on.
Your employees will look to you for guidance so if you present a negative outlook they will start to get nervous. This means that you need to remain positive – no matter what. Here are a couple of tips to help you remain positive.
Pinpointing Negative Thinking
Are you perhaps not sure if your self-talk is positive or negative? Some common forms of negative self-talk include the following:
- You amplify the negative aspects of a situation and then filter out all of the positive ones. For instance, you had a great day at work. You finished your tasks ahead of time and were complimented for doing a speedy as well as thorough job. That evening, you concentrate only on your plan to do even more tasks and ignore about the compliments that you received.
- When something bad takes place, you automatically blame yourself. For instance, you hear that an evening out with friends is cancelled and you make the assumption that the change in plans is because none of your friends wanted to be around you.
- You automatically expect the worst. If the drive-through coffee shop gets your order wrong and you inevitably think that the rest of your day will be a catastrophe.
- You see things only as either good or bad. There is no middle ground. You feel that you have to be perfect or you’re a total failure.
Train Yourself To Think Positive Thoughts
Positive thinking can be attained through a few different techniques which have been proven effective, such as positive self-talk as well as positive imagery.
Here are some hints and tips that to get you started which can help you train your brain in terms of how to think positively.
Focus On The Good Things
Tricky situations and obstacles are all a part of life. When you’re faced with one, concentrate on the good things no matter how small or apparently insignificant they seem. If you look for it, you will be able to always find the proverbial silver lining in every cloud — even if it’s not obvious immediately. For instance, if someone cancels plans, concentrates on how it frees up time for you to catch up on a TV show or other activity which you enjoy.
Practising gratitude has been shown to lower stress, enhance self-esteem as well as foster resilience even in quite difficult times. Think of people, moments, or things which bring you some type of comfort or happiness. Try to communicate your gratitude at least once every day. This can be thanking a co-worker for assisting with a project, a loved one for washing the dishes, or your dog for the unconditional love which they give you.
Write In A Gratitude Journal
Recent studies have found that writing down the things which you’re grateful for may improve your optimism and sense of well-being. You are able to do this by writing in a gratitude journal every day, or jotting down a list of things which you’re grateful for on days you’re having a hard time.
Do you want to learn how to become an entrepreneur in the media? If you do then you need to do our Entrepreneurship for the Media Course. Follow this link to find out more.
You might also like
- You Can Convey a Lot Of Meaning With Just One Graphic
- Why Your Sales Planning Needs To Be Nimble?
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.
- Why Your Business Should Consider Marketing On LinkedIn?
- Why Your Business Needs Digital Marketing. Read this article.
- Why You Should Complete A Social Media Marketing Course?