The usage of QR codes in marketing strategies is growing, with data at the moment showing that 78% of the global population possesses a smartphone. With this number on the rise continuously, it would seem to make sense for companies to invest more time and money into utilising these kinds of codes in their advertising campaigns.
The main advantages that QR codes can yield increased customer engagement, easier access to information by customers as well as an increase in conversions for businesses. Employing them into your campaign can give you an edge over competitors who are not utilising these forms of advertising yet.
QR codes promote interaction and engagement through the mobile phone. This kind of marketing strategy allows businesses to transfer information to the user. Nowadays, users are done with anything which is slow and time-consuming. It’s all about being instant and fast, particularly in the world of marketing.
The Benefits Of Adding QR Codes To Your Marketing Strategy
In short, here are a few ways QR codes can help your business:
- Better brand visibility,
- Wider distribution of your brand content,
- Quicker access to your website content,
- More information on your offerings,
- Easier and quicker access to your offerings,
- Quick and painless access to your social media link,
- Ability to direct consumers where you want, as well as
- Very conducive to smartphones.
What Are QR Code Marketing Best Practices?
The best practice for QR codes, as with any marketing channel, is to add value. Ensure that each QR code leads directly to the source of the value (promotion, checkout, etc.) and requires as few clicks as possible. This is powerful in the marketing sphere as it removes barriers that prevent users from acting on their interests as well as spending time learning everything that they can your company.
Make sure your QR strategy is successful, ensure your data management structure captures any QR code interactions so you are able to incorporate this behaviour into personalizing the consumer’s journey through other channels.
Here are a number of the best practices to follow when putting together a QR-based marketing strategy:
- The QR code has to be of a decent size so that scanning it is easy relatively easy.
- You should very definitely put your QR code in every appropriate and accessible place.
- Offer additional information below the QR code.
- Give individuals an alternative way of accessing the information on the QR code.