‘Facebook Groups’ refers to spaces on the social media network where friends, acquaintances or people who have similar interests can discuss or share about topics. Groups provide an arena for organic discussion about your company. These present an opportunity to cultivate brand awareness.
Businesses and brands of all shapes and sizes – including small one-person shops on Etsy – can create and moderate groups for their customers or target audience. These groups can have an influential impact on the users as well as on your business.
Facebook Groups: The Basics
Here are some fast facts about Facebook Groups:
- Any user of Facebook can set up a Group.
- Some Groups allow anyone join however others may be private.
- When you join a Group, whether it be private or public, your Facebook friends could see that you’ve joined it.
- Some Groups are secret, which means that you can’t search for it. In this case, a qualifying Group member has to invite you to join.
- If you leave a Group the other members will not be notified.
- Only the person who creates the group, as well as anyone who they make an admin, has the ability to invite someone to a Group.
- It is possible for you to create events, upload pictures/video as well as share files in a Group.
- You can delete a Group by taking away all the members.