When considering digital advertising solutions or social media marketing options, your first thought may be Instagram or Facebook. However, few think of the advertising solution powerhouse that is LinkedIn. It is especially powerful for business-to-business (B2B) companies as 61 million users are senior decision makers. Which means that when you advertise on LinkedIn, you solution will land on the right ears.
Advertising on LinkedIn
Did you know?
- LinkedIn has over 500 million members worldwide of which 260 million are active users. Their goal is to increase this figure to 3 billion. In the words of LinkedIn CEO, Jeff Weiner, he wants the platform to be the home of every business professional on the planet.
- As we’ve said before, there are 61 million senior-level influencers and 40 million decision-makers on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is the most-used social media platform amongst Fortune 500 companies.
- LinkedIn drives 45% of traffic to B2B blogs and websites; and
- LinkedIn is the leading social media channel for B2B marketers.
LinkedIn offers both free and paid advertising solutions. The free solutions include:
- Increasing activity on your LinkedIn company page by posting articles and videos to the platform;
- Using analytics to inform your content and boost sharing;
- Using SlideShare to establish your authority and enhance your audience personas with advanced search.
For those looking to spend some money, here’s how you can advertise on LinkedIn.
Use their self-service advertising solutions in Campaign Manager
This handy tool allows you to launch a targeted campaign in minutes. You can choose your budget, select clicks or impressions, and stop the campaign at any time. Campaign Manager supports the following ad formats:
- Sponsored content,
- Sponsored InMail, and
- Text ads.
You can also get exclusively placed, highly visible ads for premium audiences by partnering with a dedicated LinkedIn team.
Make the right connections
You can create amazing ads and content, yet if you don’t connect with the right people on LinkedIn, your advertising will not be as successful as you’d like. Spend some time daily, weekly or monthly to connect with decision-makers in your target market, influencers in your industry and other potential clients. Building your follower base is also a great way to increase your ad reach.
Let us know which advertising solutions work best for you. Get in touch with the Digital School of Marketing today and see how we can supercharge your social media marketing efforts!
The social media marketing trend is growing. This means that organisations, companies, small businesses and sole proprietors need to have a solid understanding of how to market and grow their brands on social channels.
As such they need solid social media strategy training. Whether you want to break into the world of social media marketing or want to boost your career with an accredited social media certificate this course is for you! The Social Media Marketing Course from the Digital School of Marketing will enable you to grow your brand strategically on any social channel, increase customer engagement and correctly target those who matter most. For more information about this and our other online digital marketing courses, visit our website.
You might also like
- Use the Zero Moment of Truth to Benefit your Social Media Marketing
- Will your business benefit from being on LinkedIn
- Why Your Business Should Consider Marketing On LinkedIn?
- Why you should consider doing a social media marketing course
- Why You Should Complete A Social Media Marketing Course?
- Why you should care about reviews of your business on Facebook