Today, around 55% of Internet users are on social media. As they utilise it on a daily basis they provide massive amounts of data to the platforms which is valuable for social media lead generation. The digital marketers can use it to target their audience directly.
Social media lead generation is part and parcel of every digital marketer’s strategy—whether they know it or not. For digital marketers who are ready to move beyond merely brand awareness and engagement, social media lead generation is a great next step. Collecting leads via social media will assist you with finding people who are interested in your organisation. More importantly, these leads will assist you with keeping in touch with potential customers—whether it’s to make a special offer or share news.
With 75% of business-to-business (B2B) buyers and 84% of C-level/Vice President (VP) executives incorporating social media as a fundamental part of their decision-making process, social media channels are becoming essential in terms of building relationships with prospects as well as customers throughout every single stage of the customer life cycle.
What Is A Social Media Lead?
A lead is any type of information that someone shares which you can use to follow up with them. This information includes:
- Email addresses,
- Employers, or
- Any other information which a social media user shares with you.
Social media lead generation is any activity undertaken on social channels in order to collect new leads.
Why Do Companies Employ Social Media Lead Generation?
Companies which employ lead generation strategies on social media are able to reach better results throughout the funnel:
- Building brand awareness and generating conversions,
- Achieving better sales productivity,
- Producing higher revenue growth, as well as
- Creating a feeling of community for advocates and followers.
According to a recent study that was conducted by LinkedIn Pulse, B2B buyers who feel that they have a “high brand connection” with certain companies are 60% more likely to consider, purchase – as well as even pay a premium for – products and services from them as opposed to companies with which they feel a “low brand connection”.
What Is The Best Social Media Channel For Generating Leads?
The simple answer to this is that the best platform for generating leads is the platform which your customers use. That said, most people agree that Facebook is the best platform for social media lead generation.
Why? For starters:
- More than 2.45 billion people utilise Facebook every single This makes it the social media platform with the largest population.
- In addition, Facebook also offers some of the most intuitive tools to collect leads on its platform.
This doesn’t mean that digital marketers should feel forced to use Facebook or rule out other social media sites. For instance, according to LinkedIn 89% of B2B marketers go to LinkedIn for lead generation. These marketers feel that LinkedIn generates more than twice as many leads than other social channels.
Before beginning a social media lead campaign, ensure that you are familiar with the demographics of the various platforms. If they align themselves with your target market, it’s most probably a good fit.
If you want to become a social media marketing guru then you need to sign up for our Social Media Marketing Course. Find out more here.
You might also like
- Use the Zero Moment of Truth to Benefit your Social Media Marketing
- Will your business benefit from being on LinkedIn
- Why Your Business Should Consider Marketing On LinkedIn?
- Why you should consider doing a social media marketing course
- Why You Should Complete A Social Media Marketing Course?
- Why you should care about reviews of your business on Facebook