One of the most meaningful benefits of PPC advertising is that a paid search campaign works instantly. Users who search for the terms that you specify will see your business at the top of their search results. This means that you can draw those eyes to your website and – with any luck – convert those visitors to leads.
If you’re launching a new company or website, it’s going to take some time in order to generate organic traffic. You are able to give your website an instant traffic boost with a PPC ad campaign, so that people are able to find you right away as you wait for your website to climb the Google search rankings.
Businesses who are just starting out could have a difficult time with growing their following organically. They will use paid ads in order to share their posts with a particular demographic that might not only click on the ad, however, follow the account as well as interact with the company down the line. This makes pay per click an attractive tool for companies which need sales quickly and are just beginning to build out their content for organic growth.
While we do love that one of the advantages of pay per click is that it grants you instant visibility, the flip side of that coin is that inflow of leads drops off the day that you stop paying for Google advertising or social media advertising. For many businesses, this makes PPC far too expensive to be a long-term strategy. These PPC pros and cons typically lead us to recommend that companies pair PPC with other digital marketing strategies.
What Is Pay Per Click Advertising?
Pay per click advertising (PPC) is a model of internet marketing where advertisers pay a fee each time that one of their ads is clicked on. Essentially, it’s a way of buying visits to your site as opposed to attempting to earn those visits organically.
How Does Pay Per Click Work?
In order for ads to appear along with the results on a search engine (which are usually called a Search Engine Results Page, or SERP), advertisers cannot merely pay more in order to make sure that their ads appear more notably than their competitor’s ads. Rather, ads are subject to what is known as the Ad Auction, an entirely automated process that Google – as well as other major search engines – use in order to determine the relevance and validity of advertisements which appear on their SERPs.
What Are The Benefits Of PPC Advertising?
PPC advertising doesn’t just garner results quickly – it quickly pulls in traffic for your website as a whole. Paid adverts do not contribute directly to your ranking; however they do increase the number of overall clicks your website gets. Over time, this increase in user activity on your site (generated by your paid ads) can contribute to higher organic rankings.
How To Use PPC
You are able to use PPC advertising in order to build brand awareness. However, pay-per-click advertising is most efficient when you would like to encourage customers to take action immediately. For instance, purchasing a product or signing up for your mailing list.
There are a number of different advantages of utilising PPC:
- By pinpointing keywords which match what your target customers are looking for online, you can get your PPC ads in front of the correct audience.
- You pay only when someone is sufficiently interested to click on the ad. That gets them to a landing page on your site, where you have the opportunity to convince them to make the next step such as purchasing a product.
- You make the decision about how much a visitor is worth to your business and you set your advertising bids accordingly.
- You are able to control your costs by establishing a limit for your total advertising spend.
- You are able to try out different options as well as get a detailed analysis of how well each advertising campaign is doing.
How Can I Use Pay Per Click Advertising?
Before you start off, think about what you want to achieve with PPC advertising. Are you attempting to sell one of your products, drive traffic to your website or attract subscribers to your email newsletter?
- Understand your goals. Would you like to make more sales, encourage sign-ups and increase enquiries?
- Decide where you want to advertise. Advertising on the search engines with Google AdWords or Microsoft Advertising is a very good option for most companies. Sign up and establish an account.
- Select which keywords you would like to bid on.
- Set your bids for different keywords and select your daily or monthly budget.
- Write your PPC advert and link to a relevant and persuasive landing page on your website.
- Watch closely and continually improve your keywords as you learn what works.
If you would like to become a PPC expert then you need to do our PPC and Web Analytics Course. Follow this link to find out more.
You might also like
- Your Complete Guide to PPC Marketing Basics. Find out more.
- Would you make a great marketing manager?
- Will digital marketing now replace traditional marketing?
- Will Digital Marketing Kill Traditional Marketing?
- Why Your Online Branding Is Key To Your Business
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.