Yesterday, we spoke about the benefits that blogging has for your digital marketing strategy. A key component of blogging is guest posting. In this article, we’ll unpack why you need to have this as an integral part of your overall online marketing plan.
What is guest posting?
Guest posting, which is also known as guest blogging, is when a blogger contributes to someone else’s blog. The purpose of this exercise is to build relationships, gain exposure, and build authority.
How does it work?
Guest posting is simple. You get in touch with a blogger or company and write a blog or article that will feature on their blog or website. Some people even invite people to pitch ideas for guest posts to them. They will then usually link back to your site by mentioning you as the author.
As a guest on someone else’s blog, you must produce and provide excellent quality content that will not only attract new readers but also interest their current audience. It is a fantastic solution for anyone who wants to attract more readers to their blog and website. With guest posting, everyone is a winner, and there are multiple benefits.
The benefits of guest posting in digital marketing
- You get additional exposure from the blogger’s audience,
- Your company is established as an authority amongst a bigger audience,
- You receive a link back to your website,
- You will both rank higher on search engines,
- The hosting site or blog receives free, high-quality content,
- Guest posting boosts your brand presence,
- You will enjoy greater engagement and visibility, and
- Both parties will have an increase in return on their investments and revenue.
Guest blogging will help build backlinks
One of the benefits of guest posting listed above, which we really would like to emphasise, is the building of back links. This is extremely important as how highly your site ranks on Google depends largely on the page rank that your website has.