In digital marketing, the term ‘landing page’ refers to a standalone web page which is created exclusively for a marketing or advertising campaign. A ‘landing page’ is where a visitor to a website “lands” when they have clicked on a Google AdWords ad, a social media post, an organic listing or something similar.
A landing page is a page which is situated on your site where you can provide a resource from your business in return for a visitor’s contact information such as email address or contact number. Digital marketers can capture this contact information by using a lead-capture form. A lead magnet is an incentive that digital marketers offer to possible buyers for their email address or other contact information. Lead magnets typically provide a snippet of digital, downloadable content, such as a free PDF checklist, report, eBook, whitepaper or video.
There are seven boxes that your lead magnet should tick if you want the magnet to be irresistible:
- Provides a solution to a real problem – If your lead magnet doesn’t offer a solution to a real problem that your customer has, or if it doesn’t give them an item they want, your lead magnet won’t give you the results that you want.
- Promises one swift win – Your lead magnet should promise (and deliver) one quick success for your customers. In other words, it should assist them in efficiently achieving something.
- Super specific – Don’t design a lead magnet about something general. The more particular you are about the value of your lead magnet, the better it will be in terms of converting leads.
- Quick to digest – PDF checklists convert website visitors well as these are so quick and simple to digest. eBooks or lengthy reports may make your prospects feel overwhelmed.
- High value – Your lead magnet must have high perceived value as well as a high actual value.
- Instantly accessible – Your lead magnet will function best if it is an item that can be delivered instantaneously. People adore instant gratification.
- Demonstrates your expertise or Unique Value Proposition (UVP) – When a person consumes your lead magnet, it should show your knowledge or your UVP. This helps turn leads into customers further down the road.
What makes a good landing page?
A terrific landing page is focused on a particular stream of traffic, for example, from an email campaign that’s promoting an eBook. As the landing page is targeting only people who are (presumably) interested in this eBook, and as this eBook has exclusive content that elaborates on a topic your audience feels passionate about, it is possible for you to convert a higher percentage of your website visitors into leads who you can then follow up with.
How to write a useful landing page
Here are several great suggestions to help you with writing great landing page copy that converts.
Make use of customer testimonials
One of the most effective conversion copy techniques is not about writing. It’s about letting happy customers pen your copy for you. Testimonials are responsible for producing conversions as nothing else can. It’s not possible to write copy as good as your customer because good copy depends on where it comes from and not just the style as well as the substance. Testimonials are compelling as they show the customer what she or he will experience if they use your product or service.
Emphasise benefits and not products
One of the most important lessons that we’ve learned in digital marketing is that customers don’t care about your products or services. In other words, they don’t care anything about the “solution” that you’re trying to sell to them. They’re concerned about a problem that they have and whether or not your solution will fix this. So when you’re writing your copy, pitch the benefits that they will get when they purchase your product and/or services.
You need to have fantastic copy if you want to improve conversion rates on your landing pages. A lot rides on the words that you type – for your landing page – with your keyboard. Thankfully, creating fantastic copy for your landing pages is not some impossible task as anyone can learn how to master this. With the correct copywriting techniques firmly in place, you can achieve higher conversion rates and succeed exponentially with digital marketing for your business.
Want to learn more about digital copywriting and content marketing? Follow this link to learn more.
You might also like
- Will Older And Outdated Articles Hurt My SEO? Read more.
- Will blogging help SEO?
- Why You Should Be Using Search Console In Digital Marketing
- Why you should understand your analytics
- Why You Should Power Up Your SEO With Audience Understanding
- Why you should not choose broad match keyword targeting on Google Ads