Almost 60% of South Africans now have access to the Internet. This is according to an annual report from We Are Social and Hootsuite. Most Internet users access the service on cellphones and tablets. With this massive digital audience, good SEO techniques can see your traffic increase to your websites. Although SEO techniques adapt and evolve with Google’s frequent algorithm changes, the basics of SEO stay the same. You need to know how to grow your rankings.
Tips for optimal SEO
Learn how to engage
Engagement will lead you on the path to better rankings. Google will push sites that have strong engagement and lower bounce rates. A healthy bounce rate – as a ballpark figure – of between 26% and 40% is healthy.
The digital marketing course will teach you how to increase your search engine rankings.
Go for superstar status
Get a writer who knows about writing for the Web. (Read this article about the different nuances that traditional and digital copywriting has.) Writing talent and SEO technique knowledge will land you superstar status.
Be sure to keep track of click-through-rates (CTR) as these also pinpoint which copy is successful or otherwise. This could reflect positively on your content and possibly also influence search rankings on Google. Surprisingly, research has shown that longer pages on your site, the higher the chance of a better ranking on the SERPS (Search Engine Results Pages). Longer blog posts are a must.
YouTube SEO can shoot you up the rankings
YouTube videos are also critical. Researchers highlight YouTube as the second-most popular search engine. If you are focused on YouTube SEO, this could increase your website on Google. You should also take note of the keywords that your competitors use. There are many tools available that can be used as far as your keyword analysis goes. We encourage you to make full use of them.
It is believed that 80% of traffic to your website begins with a search on Google. Hence the importance of SEO. Here are some pointers on the “other side” of SEO and digital marketing strategies:
- Don’t expect overnight success if you’re just starting out on your own.
- If a company hires you as an SEO specialist, and they have not been involved with any form of digital marketing, the above point applies.
- If they have been involved with digital marketing, insist on a hand-over from whoever is leaving so you’re fully attuned to what has transpired.
- If you have to “fix” a mess, be sure what errors were made and have a digital marketing strategy with strong SEO factors that you will use.
- A “mess” means that audiences will have been lost. To regain audiences will not be easy but it is not impossible. In fact, because you must be that more innovative and work that much harder with your strategy, you could find yourself in a strong place.
So, you want to become a digital marketer with the latest SEO strategies? The Digital School of Marketing’s SEO and Web Analytics Course will provide all you’ll ever need to know about SEO. Follow this link for more information. However, if you would like to have a holistic understanding of both SEO and Digital marketing then the Digital Marketing Course would teach you about these techniques.
You might also like
- Will Older And Outdated Articles Hurt My SEO? Read more.
- Will blogging help SEO?
- Why You Should Be Using Search Console In Digital Marketing
- Why you should understand your analytics
- Why You Should Power Up Your SEO With Audience Understanding
- Why you should not choose broad match keyword targeting on Google Ads