Personal selling makes use of in-person interaction in orderto sell products and services. This method of communication is done by sales representatives who are the personal connection between a buyer as well as a business or the company’s products or services.
Salespeople not only tell potential customers about a company’s product or services but they also make use of their power of persuasion in order to remind customers of product characteristics, service agreements, prices and deals. In addition to boosting customer relationships, this manner of marketing communications tool can be a powerful source of customer feedback.
What Does Effective Personal Selling Address?
Effective personal selling focuses on the buyer’s needs as well s preferences without making him or her feel pressured. Good salespeople offer advice, information and recommendations. They can assist buyers to save money – in addition to time – during the decision-making process.
The seller should give honest answers to any questions or objections that the buyer has and demonstrate that he cares more about meeting the buyer’s needs as opposed to making the sale.
What Are The Advantages Of Personal Selling?
The most important strength of personal selling is its flexibility. Salespeople are able to tailor their presentations in order to fit the needs, motives and behaviour of individual customers. A salesperson is able to gauge the customer’s reaction to a sales approach and immediately adjust the message to facilitate better understanding.
Personal selling also minimises wasted effort. Advertisers are able to spend a lot of time and money on a mass-marketing message that reaches many people who are outside the target market but don’t make sales. In personal selling, the sales force identifies the target market, makes a contact, and focuses his efforts on those that have a strong probability of leading to a sale.
Another great advantage of personal selling is that a salesperson is in an exceptional position to help the customer to act. The one-on-one interaction of personal selling implies that a salesperson can effectively respond to – as well as overcome – objections. about the product. This is so that the customer is more likely to buy. Salespeople can also offer many customised reasons which might spur a customer to buy, whereas an advertisement provides a limited set of reasons that may not persuade everyone in the target audience.
Other advantages of personal selling are that:
- It is two-way communication. This means that the selling agent can get instant feedback from the prospective buyer. If it is not in accordance with a plan he can even adjust his approach.
- As it is an interactive form of selling, personal selling assists with building trust with the customer. When one is selling high-value products – like cars – it is important that the customer trusts not just the product but the seller as well. This is feasible in personal selling.
- Personal selling is also is a more persuasive form of marketing. As the customer is face-to-face with the salesperson it is not simple to dismiss them. The customer at the very least makes an effort to listen.
- Finally, personal selling assists with reaching the audience that cannot be reached in any other form.
If you would like to learn the best way of managing a sales team then you need to do our Sales Management course. Follow this link for more information.
You might also like
- Your Complete Guide to PPC Marketing Basics. Find out more.
- Would you make a great marketing manager?
- Will digital marketing now replace traditional marketing?
- Will Digital Marketing Kill Traditional Marketing?
- Why Your Online Branding Is Key To Your Business
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.