In today’s highly competitive online consumer market the need for digital marketing skills remains crucial to an organisation’s digital marketing success. Having the right digital marketing skills is a challenge for most businesses and having these skills means higher productivity, better brand awareness and superior customer engagement and support. This can be achieved through completing a digital marketing course through DSM.
With the demand for employees with digital marketing skills increasing in South Africa a lot of organisations are having difficulties filling vacant digital marketing positions.
In addition to the need for digital marketing skills there is also an increased need for artificial intelligence (AI) skills, and most companies are finding it difficult to fill AI related vacancies.
Why complete a digital marketing course?
Within South African organisations, a lot of focus is now being put on attracting the much needed digital skills talent. South African organisations need to plan ahead to ensure their organisation has the top digital marketing skills needed in South Africa today.
There are really great digital marketing courses available nowadays and digital marketing courses most definitely results in the upskilling of employees and business owners alike.
If you’re interested in a career in digital marketing then it’s a great idea to do some research into exactly what digital marketing skills are need in South Africa which will go a long way in helping you decide which digital marketing course is right for you and can offer you the best career opportunities.
Top digital marketing skills
South Africa is par with the rest of the world when it comes to digital marketing and all things digital therefore the amount of companies needing digital marketing skillsets is set to increase. This is great news if you have a flair for creativity as well as both hard and soft digital marketing skills.
Although digital marketing involves a lot of digital technology skill and experience, the ‘softer’ side of digital marketing includes a lot of human skills such as creativity, originality, innovation and engagement.
There are many channels involved in digital marketing and here a few of the most popular types:
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Email marketing campaigns
- Customer experience marketing
- SEO and Web Analytics
- Marketing Management
Here are a few of the less measurable skills needed in digital marketing:
- Adaptability – Being able to adapt quickly to an ever changing technological environment is an important digital marketing skill.
- Creativity – With the implementation of more artificial intelligence online, human creativity remains one of the most important digital marketing skill. As with all marketing, the role of digital marketer is constantly creating new marketing ideas and concepts.
- Critical approach – The ability to apply critical thinking to digital marketing projects is key to the success of such projects.
- Communication skills – Top notch communication skills include writing clearly and concisely as well as verbal communication skills.
- Timely engagement – Quick online engagement is an important part of digital marketing that is often overlooked. Quickly replying to queries, comments and feedback is a digital marketing skill that is needed.
- Innovation – Being an innovator means finding new ways to grow online presence and boost brand awareness. Artfully persuading consumers to invest in your company requires innovation. Companies are always searching for ways to stand out from the competition.
Technical skills are an obvious must for a career in digital marketing and include the following:
- SEO – The mechanics of search engine optimisation is a must have skill for digital marketing. Algorithms are forever changing so effective SEO skills remain at the top of the list in digital marketing.
- Paid advertising – Pay per click advertising is growing rapidly and companies want to generate the best return on investment.
- Automation – Automation has become a big deal in digital marketing and being able to streamline online automation is a top requirement.
- Design – Basic designing skills are not only reserved for graphic designers. Being able to put together high quality content is a great bonus.
- Enterprise mobility – Optimising digital marketing content for access via mobile devices is a top requirement with more people accessing the internet this way.
- Analytics – Being able to accurately measure all digital marketing campaigns is one of the most important elements of digital marketing. Data mining is the fastest tool being used in digital marketing. The power accurately interpreting data helps determine what’s working and what’s not.
If you are interested in completing a Digital Marketing Course or specialist Digital Marketing skills contact the Digital School of Marketing for More information.
You might also like
- Your Complete Guide to PPC Marketing Basics. Find out more.
- Would you make a great marketing manager?
- Will digital marketing now replace traditional marketing?
- Will Digital Marketing Kill Traditional Marketing?
- Why Your Online Branding Is Key To Your Business
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.