Most businesses in 2019 rely on a variety of digital marketing channels to drive sales, create brand awareness and engage in effectively with their clients. The trend of online marketing ever increasing is set to continue. It has now become an essential investment for any business.
Many misconceptions still surround digital marketing and how this trend differs from traditional marketing. There is no doubt that online marketing is far more effective because of its ability to not only track data, but to also remain relevant and current in an organisation’s field.
Both marketing strategies are currently still being used. With a digital marketing strategy in mind, there is a definite need to keep employees up to speed with this marketing communication explosion by providing efficient and cost-effective digital marketing courses.
The target audience of any marketing campaign today requires digital marketing prowess, whether alongside traditional marketing or not. Whomever the audience, the fact remains that the impact of online marketing for organisations is increasing. It is showing no signs of slowing down.
Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing
What forms of digital marketing are available?
The primary objective for developing a digital marketing strategy is to constantly build brand awareness, increase sales and enhance customer engagement.
The main routes that are used in all types of online marketing include:
- Search Engine Optimisation,
- Social Media Marketing,
- Email Marketing, and
- Mobile Marketing.
How to build a compressive and effective digital marketing strategy
It is vital to include all the elements of the above-mentioned routes to ensure a holistic approach to any digital marketing campaign. And remember, content is king:
- Firstly, identify your target audience and recognise the different mediums, platforms and channels that can be used effectively throughout your online marketing campaign compared to a traditional marketing route. Once your target audience is in place, it is key to design compelling, unique and shareable content.
The following two components are an essential part of any campaign online:
- Content Marketing – how to design compelling, unique and shareable content for different kinds of target markets through digital marketing techniques.
- Marketing Management – the fundamental concepts of managing marketing, selling and how they tie in with digital marketing channels as well as technology-based thinking.
The top three digital marketing channels
Technology is now integrated into consumers’ everyday lives. From smartphones and smartwatches to tablets and laptops, people are always connected. Taking this explosion of information into account, it is not surprising that the current top three digital marketing channels are social media, website and email marketing.
Therefore, there is no doubt that this trend will continue to shape the way people make purchases and interact with businesses. It is estimated that, by 2020, there will be more than 2 billion online shoppers around the world.
Consumers are online, so it is essential for businesses to also have an online presence. This is even true for brick-and-mortar stores. Businesses of all sizes and industries can benefit from digital marketing.
Businesses are investing in a combination of digital marketing channels
In 2019 it is clearly understood that the importance of digital marketing cannot be overlooked. An audience is responsive when they are told a story and have the ability to interact – in real time. This is the main advantage digital marketing has over traditional marketing. The trend is set to continue.
The ease at which digital marketing reaches a target audience is achieved through social media, a website and email marketing. Therefore, using this combination will undoubtedly have a positive effect on any marketing campaign.
Moving forward it is imperative to understand all the aspects and channels to implement an effective online campaign. No matter what your digital marketing goal is, it is imperative to constantly keep abreast of this marketing trend through recognised digital marketing courses.
The Digital School of Marketing is an accredited provider of digital marketing courses. Our flagship qualification – the Digital Marketing Course – will set you on the path to success in marketing in the online field. To find out more about this course, click here.
You might also like
- Your Complete Guide to PPC Marketing Basics. Find out more.
- Would you make a great marketing manager?
- Will digital marketing now replace traditional marketing?
- Will Digital Marketing Kill Traditional Marketing?
- Why Your Online Branding Is Key To Your Business
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.