While customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation software may seem similar, they provide different functions and serve separate purposes, and the two types of software are even more effective when they are used together.
While customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation software may seem similar, they provide different functions and serve separate purposes, and the two types of software are even more effective when they are used together. Read on to learn what CRM and marketing automation are, how they work and why your small business should integrate these systems.
Marketing Vs CRM Software
While CRM and marketing are definitely related, these two aspects are not the same thing. The process of marketing is where your company invites prospects in order to try your products or services as well as raising awareness of your brand.
Marketing can be split into two main categories:
This consists of traditional commercials as well as advertising which broadcasts your brand message to prospects. Inbound marketing is the process of putting together content in order to attract customers to your brand through the process of responding to their concerns before they are ready to buy.
This focuses on starting prospects down the sales funnel through the process of offering free information in return for a conversion. This is done using a lead magnet.
While many of the methods of reaching customers during marketing campaigns are the same ones that are used for CRM, the different focus points of marketing and CRM are different. These methodologies may consist of email marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, PPC ads or – alternatively – broadcast ads.
CRM is how you organise your prospects’ information so that you are better able to manage them. In particular, your CRM software should:
- Enable your company to structure as well as plan optimal interaction with prospects as well as clients.
- Harbour and organise information on your prospects which is gathered from all of your marketing campaigns.
- Manage the methods as well as the scheduling of client interactions by way of email, social media, text messaging, phone calls, or meetings.
- Let you determine which clients are the highest priority in addition to how and when to approach them.
- Stop prospects from slipping through the cracks and assist to cement your existing relationships.