The term ‘digitalisation’ is the process of leveraging digitisation to improve business processes. Conversely, digital transformation is all about the transformation of business activities, processes, products as well as models to wholly leverage the opportunities of digital technologies.
What Is Digitalisation?
Digitalisation is the process of leveraging digitisation to better business processes. Digitalisation means making digitised information work well for you. This term refers to the usage of digital technologies and data to create revenue, improve business as well as create a digital culture where digital information is at the heart. It changes processes to be more efficient, productive, as well as profitable.
Automation is a main part of the digitalisation story, whether it be shifting work roles or transforming business processes overall. In fact, for many people, digitalisation applies to such processes primarily.
Digitalisation increases process efficiency and also improves data transparency. In addition, it should help to boost your top line. If you operate a platform online, then your company may already be 80% digitalised, and you can gain more efficiency or generate more customer value by going the remaining 20% of the way.
What Is Digitalisation In Business?
Many businesses are now going online in a bid to streamline the management, as well as day-to-day running, of operations. This shift is being powered by constant new waves of technology which allow companies of all shapes and sizes to be more strategic as well as efficient. This trend is set to carry on as more businesses appreciate the benefits of digitalisation and move to capitalise on them.
From storing documents, online backups, workflow as well as document management to remote working, the possibilities are endless. The digitalisation in business is faster, more efficient, and safer as opposed to offline equivalents. The process of automation saves you time, space, and money.
Here are the key benefits of digitalisation in business:
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced operational costs
- The ability for data to be analysed
- Safer data storage in the cloud
- Lack of human error
Why Is Digitalisation Important?
Digitalisation helps to improve the efficiency of process, consistency and quality. It can:
- Integrate conventional records or files into a digitalised form, so eliminating redundancies and shortening the communications chain
- Improve and facilitate an improved informational exchange
- Help in offering customer service anywhere in the world
- Reduce operational cost
- Prevent human error
- Take advantage of analytics as well as real user data
- Boost the continuity of business growth
Creative digital solutions offer a competitive edge in the business world to enhance quality, reinvent profitable methods and encourage consistency. Hence, many companies have adopted digitalisation as they see the importance of the process.
- Saves cost
- Increases efficiency
- Lack human error
- Safer data storage in the cloud
- Reduces operational costs
- Enables data to be analysed
What Is The Difference Between Digitalisation And Digital Transformation?
The terms digitalisation and digital transformation are synonymous for many executives. The challenge is that even the providers of these services often make an unclear definition of the terms and it sinks into a buzzword, which is simply misused for digital marketing.
Whether digitalisation or digital transformation, the two terms are used in different ways by different specialists. For some, this difference could be marginal or unimportant; however, when it comes to companies and their strategies, the terms are very important. It is therefore worthwhile for every manager to understand the serious differences between pure digitalisation as well as digital transformation.
Want to become a digital transformation specialist? If you do then you need to do our Digital Transformation Course. Find out more by following this link.
You might also like
- Your Complete Guide to PPC Marketing Basics. Find out more.
- Would you make a great marketing manager?
- Will digital marketing now replace traditional marketing?
- Will Digital Marketing Kill Traditional Marketing?
- Why Your Online Branding Is Key To Your Business
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.