Online learning platforms are a great way to learn something new or to expand your existing knowledge on a particular subject. But these days the internet is saturated with E-learning platforms and figuring out where to start can be a little overwhelming.
To make things a little easier let’s take a look at what makes a great online learning platform.
What Students Should Look For In An Online Learning Platform
- Short Course Formats: E-learning platforms that are based on short course formats are more suitable to distance learning.
- Certification: It’s always important to ensure that the college you register with is reliable and properly certified. You don’t want to spend money on a qualification that isn’t worth anything.
- Internationally Recognised: Having a qualification that is internationally recognised is always a cool bonus! This is because it gives you the opportunity to expand your career globally.
- Easy Registration: An overcomplicated registration system is never good. As an online learner you want the initial sign-up process to be as quick and easy as possible.
- Accessibility: As a virtual learner you will need an online course that is easily accessible at home or on the go.
- Course Information: A good online learning platform will have a clear and complete description of each course. This should include information such as the course name, a description of what it entails, notes, assessment and exam schedule, etc.
- Course Availability: A good platform will allow you to register for more than one course at a time.
- Customised Learning Material: Having course material that’s available in different formats (digital and an option to print) allows students to learn in a way that is comfortable for each individual.