In digital marketing, the term ‘landing page’ refers to a standalone web page which is created exclusively for a marketing or advertising campaign. A ‘landing page’ is where a visitor to a website “lands” when they have clicked on a Google AdWords ad, a social media post, an organic listing or something similar.
A landing page is a page which is situated on your site where you can provide a resource from your business in return for a visitor’s contact information such as email address or contact number. Digital marketers can capture this contact information by using a lead-capture form. A lead magnet is an incentive that digital marketers offer to possible buyers for their email address or other contact information. Lead magnets typically provide a snippet of digital, downloadable content, such as a free PDF checklist, report, eBook, whitepaper or video.
There are seven boxes that your lead magnet should tick if you want the magnet to be irresistible:
- Provides a solution to a real problem – If your lead magnet doesn’t offer a solution to a real problem that your customer has, or if it doesn’t give them an item they want, your lead magnet won’t give you the results that you want.
- Promises one swift win – Your lead magnet should promise (and deliver) one quick success for your customers. In other words, it should assist them in efficiently achieving something.
- Super specific – Don’t design a lead magnet about something general. The more particular you are about the value of your lead magnet, the better it will be in terms of converting leads.
- Quick to digest – PDF checklists convert website visitors well as these are so quick and simple to digest. eBooks or lengthy reports may make your prospects feel overwhelmed.
- High value – Your lead magnet must have high perceived value as well as a high actual value.
- Instantly accessible – Your lead magnet will function best if it is an item that can be delivered instantaneously. People adore instant gratification.
- Demonstrates your expertise or Unique Value Proposition (UVP) – When a person consumes your lead magnet, it should show your knowledge or your UVP. This helps turn leads into customers further down the road.