The business world is continuously innovating. This means that if you want to be successful, you need to be willing to adapt with the times. It also means that you should strive to keep your business on the cutting-edge from time to time, particularly when it comes to increasing customer engagement with your products as well as your services.
With so much competition out there, you and your business need to stand out. Digital transformation and disruption has accelerated innovations such as marketing using virtual and augmented reality. You need to be visible to your existing and future potential customers and instil trust in your IT/high tech brand. Once converted, you need to engage them in order to retain them as well as promote advocacy.
What Is Augmented Reality?
At its most fundamental level, augmented reality (AR) capabilities layer digital information – in some format or another – on top of the analogue world in which we live.
Here are five simple definitions which may prove useful when engaging in conversations surrounding the possible business value of AR:
- AR is a technology which enhances or augments your experience of the world around you.
- Augmented reality (AR) is the real-time utilisation of information in the format of text, graphics, audio, and other virtual enhancements which are integrated with real-world objects.
- Augmented reality is the interpretation of digital images or data onto objects in the real world.
- Augmented reality (AR) is superimposed digital information which is overlaid onto a user’s view of a physical environment.
- Augmented reality refers to any sort of technology which ‘augments’ the user’s visual (and in some case auditory) understanding of their environment. Usually, digital information is superimposed over a natural existing environment and it is customised for the user’s physical positioning as well as the context of the task. This helps the user to solve the problem and complete the task.
How Digital Marketing Uses Augmented Reality
Marketing using augmented reality gives brands the opportunity to craft experiences, engage consumers as well as encourage conversions in interesting ways.
More than ever before, digital marketing is being driven by the wants – as well as needs – of the customer. As new technology becomes available, customers would like brands to deliver experiences that use the tech. This means that it is important for digital marketers keep pace with new advances so that they can meet customer expectations as well as deliver the best possible experiences.
AR is an emerging trend in digital marketing and sales strategies. It gives brands the opportunity to give customers bespoke experiences with the convenience of tapping into their mobile devices.
AR gives you another tool when it comes to driving sales and enhancing brand value through mobile devices. Brands can utilise AR in order to allow consumers to try products before they buy them, with augmented shopping experiences becoming increasingly popular.
If you want to discover more about the wonders of the exciting world of digital marketing then you need to do our Digital Marketing Course. Find out more here.
You might also like
- Your Complete Guide to PPC Marketing Basics. Find out more.
- Would you make a great marketing manager?
- Will digital marketing now replace traditional marketing?
- Will Digital Marketing Kill Traditional Marketing?
- Why Your Online Branding Is Key To Your Business
- Why Your Mobile Marketing Has To Go Global? Learn more.